Pentair Flow Switch vs. Generic

Members here have posted about intermittent flow problems when they used a 3rd part flow switch and fixed when they put back in a Pentair. The generic is definitely not better.

What part of the switch is bad?

If it's the thermistor, I would suggest installing a regular thermistor near the cell and wiring it in place of the switch thermistor.

The green and white wires go from the switch to the cell. You install the thermistor in the plumbing near the cell and then cut the green and white wires.

Attach the two wires from the thermistor to the green and white wires going into the cell.

The two green and white wires coming from the switch will be left disconnected.

Phil,

I did what James is recommending on two of my pools. Only time will tell, but they have been working well for about a year now..

You basically just use a water temp probe, like the one that comes with an EasyTouch.. Drill a hole in the pipe, stick in the probe, and use a hose clam to hold it in place. Wire it to the green and white wires coming from the cell (not from the flow switch).. Now the cell sees the water temp from the new probe and not the thermistor in the flow switch..

I used Scotchlok UR2 connectors so you don't have to strip the wires.. Just crush the button and the wires are connected.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.