Pentair Flap Weir keeps getting stuck / locked into position

I had a bunch of plaster jamming mine. Remove it and check the whole area and see if there are any obstructions.

What is causing it to stick then? To clarify, when mine was completed, they plastered into the weir door area preventing it from working properly. I had to work it with a screwdriver to remove all that plaster.

Addict,

A skimmer will not.. "Skim" without the weir door.. You need to fix it or replace it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim honeybunny. That is the whole point of this post. Is it possible to fix this issue? The door only has 1 function to open when there is pressure for it to open, aka the pump turning on. Otherwise it goes into its fixed position to prevent anything from coming out of the skimmer trap. When the pump comes on it's still getting stuck. I'm assuming there is friction or something causing the thing not to twist back. Mind you the flap is about 4 years old now. What is the lifespan of a weir door?

Addict,

The main function of a weir door is so that the skimmer sucks in the surface water, bringing with it all the floating stuff.. Without the door, there is not really any "skimming" action..

The door should bob up and down with the water level. The door is held in place at the bottom, generally from a pin on either side.. If the door comes off the pins it can get jammed. Also if it is a generic replacement door, held in place by spring pins, they can move sideways and get jammed that way.

No way anyone here can tell for sure. I have never heard of a "bad" weir door.. Most that don't work have broken pins or have come loose or moved out of position if a replacement door.

If this were my pool I would reinstall the door and try to manually move it up and down and see if I could figure out what is making it stick up..

Thanks,

Jim R. aka.. "HoneyBunny" :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.