Pentair Equipment Help

JohnnyUtah

Jul 17, 2022
New Jersey
I am putting together a list of Pentair equipment to pair with a 12,000 gallon fiberglass pool for a PB to quote and hopefully install next spring.

Can some of the pros share their opinion and if you think I should change anything out?

• Pentair Quad 100 Pool D.E. Cartridge Filter (Pentair Item #188594 or EC-188594...I don’t know what the difference is between these)

• Pentair Multiport Valve 2′′ for Triton & Quad D.E. Filters (Pentair Item # 261055)

• Pentair IntelliFlo3 VSF 3.0HP (Pentair Item # 011075)

• Pentair IntelliChlor 60 (IC60) SWCG (Pentair Item # 521105)

• Pentair Ultratemp 140 (Almond) Heat Pump (Pentair Item # 460934)

• Pentair EasyTouch 8SC-IC60 (Pentair # 521150)

• 4-5 Pentair MicroBrite LED Lights (Pentair Item #620424)

Last edited:
EC are the internet price with low warranty period.
Get the largest filter area possible either cartridge or sand. Personally DE is too much of a hassle for me.
An MPV is best
VSF pump is also best
IC 60 is overkill for your 12k gal pool, we usually recomend at least 2x so an IC40 is fine, if you got the extra cash for the 60 ok it will last longer.
Get the intellicenter is the newest version, Easytouch is old.
Microbrites are fine.
You could consider getting the intelliph since you will have a SWG.

EC are the internet price with low warranty period.
Get the largest filter area possible either cartridge or sand. Personally DE is too much of a hassle for me.
An MPV is best
VSF pump is also best
IC 60 is overkill for your 12k gal pool, we usually recomend at least 2x so an IC40 is fine, if you got the extra cash for the 60 ok it will last longer.
Get the intellicenter is the newest version, Easytouch is old.
Microbrites are fine.
You could consider getting the intelliph since you will have a SWG.
Thank you

I’m pretty sure the EC was more money online.

The filter I listed is cartridge (I think)

I have the cash for the bigger SWCG

I looked up all the automation systems and determined anything beyond the easy touch wasn’t necessary since I only have 1 body of water.

I looked up all the automation systems and determined anything beyond the easy touch wasn’t necessary since I only have 1 body of water.
Its not about the body of water, its about the newer tech. You wouldn't by a Pentium computer would you? I have an ET pool and spa and dont have a spa. :hammer:

The differences are outlined below. Programming is easier on the IntelliCenter if you don't have ScreenLogic for the EasyTouch.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.