Pentair EasyTouch Remote

Jarker

Nov 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Hello,

My EasyTouch remote stopped communicating with my pool equipment. I found some old threads on here and followed the instructions to resend the wireless address. That did not work.

I looked at the the transceiver card, The power LED is solid red, but the 485 and RF LEDS are blinking 5 times, pause, the 485 blinks a couple times, another pause, then the pattern repeats after a few seconds. From these old threads I'm thinking the card is broken. Anything else I should try?

Thank you for the help.

Last edited:
Hey Jarker,
I'm assuming you've got a card with a "Laird" chipset on it? (fcc:id on the back of your remote is P4HEASYTOUCH2A?)... let me know if that's not right.

This is interesting (to me anyway)... normally I see dead cards doing a 6-blink pattern - just like you described but with 6 blinks instead of 5. Or maybe I counted wrong? The 2 leds for 485 and Link should never be on at the same time, but if yours is really doing a 5-blink pattern and mine are 6-blinks, then maybe yours isn't quite dead - or at least has a different problem (I've got 7 or so dead ones now that do the 6-blink pattern).

Have you seen the reset instructions from @Pool Clown?

Give his steps a try and let me know if you still see the same 5-blink pattern... might be interesting to see what the difference between your "dead" card and mine is.
Tom

Thank you Ogdento.

Yes, it is the Laird chip. It is blinking 5 times, but the 485 light blinks again after the pattern.

I did try the wireless address reset. I also saw a thread that said to cut the power to the box and try again. this did not work

Also, forgot to mention that I had put fresh batteries in the remote. Not a huge piece of evidence, but we can rule that out. The problem occurred before I changed them.

Last edited:
Shoot, okay... well it's likely that the card is dead then. I just double checked mine and they definitely do the 6-flash thing... 485 and link flash together 6 times, pause for 8 or so seconds (485 may flash once or twice during the pause) and repeat. If I power them up separately from the easytouch they flash 6 times, pause for 30 seconds and repeat.

If you get a new card I'd be interested in taking a look at the old one... another member sent me her 6-flash dead one, and I wonder what the difference is between the 5 and the 6. It's got to be something with the radio chipset.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.