Pentair Easytouch PL4 not communicating with Ultratemp Heat Pump

jkolko

Mar 13, 2023
Austin, Texas
Hi,

I have a Pentair PL4 and Pentair Ultratemp Heat Pump. The controller works fine with all features (cleaner, lights, high speed, low speed), and the settings in the ScreenLogic app reflect the settings on the controller. However, the Ultratemp won't change from 70 degrees, no matter what the controller is set to.

Any suggestions would be helpful; please see attached for images of the controller.

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2437.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2438.JPG
    IMG_2438.JPG
    370.1 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to the forum.
This article - Pentair UltraTemp Heat Pump - Further Reading may provide some guidance. For the RS485 connection to work you must have a solar temperature sensor installed. Also, typically the temperature setting on the heater is set to maximum (104F normally) and the automation controls when the heater runs based on pool water temperature.

Hi,
Thank you for your quick response. I wasn't clear, apologies - I don't want to use a solar temperature sensor; I want the temperature on the heater to go past 70. I can't manually adjust it at all on the unit. Up and down buttons don't do anything.

The unit must be disconnected from the automation, which possibly Service Mode will do, for the temperature on the unit to be raised. Again, I have a Mastertemp gas heater, so the Heat Pump may be different.

You need the Solar Temperature Sensor installed for the system to work. It does not use the data. Read the article I linked to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.