Pentair EasyTouch - No power on panel

Jespi1

Bronze Supporter
Jan 2, 2021
Central FLorida
Moved from here.. Pentair EayTouch 8 - No power on panel

HELLO ALL I am having a similar issue with my control panel.. I have Pentair Easy Touch Control System that has no power going to it. There is no display and this is causing the pump to not work. I checked all the breakers and nothing is tripped and there is power going to the transformer. I'm trying to check the 12/18/24 voltage coming out of the Transformer and see no reading on the multimeter. But i think i'm not checking correctly, (not very familiar with multimeter). I tried checking on Youtube how to check but no luck. Any someone can walk me on testing this transformer eg.. where to put the black and red leads. PLEASE HELP

Last edited by a moderator:
J,

Is your system transformer wired for 120 or 240?

Show us a couple of pics of your EasyTouch with the electrical panel removed so that we can see the wiring and relays.

In 50 years of doing this stuff, I have seen one bad power transformer, that was not wired wrong during installation.. Yours may be bad, but I really doubt it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Jespi1
J,

Is your system transformer wired for 120 or 240?

Show us a couple of pics of your EasyTouch with the electrical panel removed so that we can see the wiring and relays.

In 50 years of doing this stuff, I have seen one bad power transformer, that was not wired wrong during installation.. Yours may be bad, but I really doubt it.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim, thank you for getting back to me.. Any chance we can talk on the phone, i feel that this is a simple fix but I'm not at that level to see the simplicity of it.

J,

Is this a new system, or has it been working fine and now it no longer works???

I suggest that you unplug the valves and see what happens.. If still bad unplug all the relays and see what happens. If still bad I would unplug the J20 com port.. and see what happens.

Either you are missing one or more of the input AC voltages, or something is loading down one of the DC voltage that the board makes, or the board is just bad.

To measure the output of the system transformer you have to test between the pairs of wires.. Between Red and Red/White for 24 VAC.. Between Orange and Orange/White for 18 VAC and between Blue and Blue/White for 12 VAC. Is that what you did?

Send me a PM if you wish..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, Thank you so much for your assistance over the phome. Can I save your phone for future issues (hopefully not!)?? I have ordered the part online. I will let you know how it ends up. I will be sponsoring the website... with people like you helping us amateurs it needs to stay up for a long time. Take care and Have a great 2021.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Jim, Thank you so much for your assistance over the phome. Can I save your phone for future issues (hopefully not!)?? I have ordered the part online. I will let you know how it ends up. I will be sponsoring the website... with people like you helping us amateurs it needs to stay up for a long time. Take care and Have a great 2021.
Update: the new transformer came in. I installed and now rhe control panel works!! Im sending you a pic of the panel and my pool. Thanks again20210110_132934.jpg1610377607800593821228074034010.jpg 👍👍👊

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
J,

Glad you got it working... In 50 years of doing this stuff, I have now seen a total of two power transformers that were bad.. I find it interesting that both of the bad ones were for Pentair automation systems... :(

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.