Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Good morning all,

I thought I heard the gas heater kicking on a few times last night, but figured it was my imagination. I checked the history this morning and it shows the pool pump and the gas heater cycling on and off. Previously freeze protection would cycle the pool and the spa.

I read a helpful older thread about manipulating the air temperature so freeze protection wouldn't kick in until a few degrees below 32, but I haven't found anything about the gas heater kicking on in freeze protection.

I don't know if it's related, but we did have some heavy storms a few nights ago and all the breakers were tripped. Outside of that, I haven't done anything with the EasyTouch.

Any guidance would be much appreciated (and will help stem a gnarly gas bill).

Charlie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220107-072417_ScreenLogic.jpg
    Screenshot_20220107-072417_ScreenLogic.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 12
Go into Configure ScreenLogic and turn off Spa Manual Heat. That will disable the heater.

Might want to reset the ET just to be sure there is no transient things from the power outage.

Go into Configure ScreenLogic and turn off Spa Manual Heat. That will disable the heater.

Might want to reset the ET just to be sure there is no transient things from the power outage.
Thanks! That did the trick.

I think I figured out what happened ... we were using the spa last night. Usually I turn the heater off and get out after 10-20 minutes and then I turn the spa off. Last night it was chilly, so I turned the spa off and headed for the house. Maybe when freeze protection kicked in, because I hadn't turned off the heater, it resorted to the last setting which was spa and heater. I don't know ... just a theory. It's too cold to mess around with it any more right now.

Thanks again fornyour help!

Are you manually controlling the heater? Does not sound like it is set up properly in ScreenLogic.

Are you manually controlling the heater? Does not sound like it is set up properly in ScreenLogic.
Yes, when I turn on the spa in ScreenLogic, it just turns on the pump to the spa. If I want the heat or blower to turn on, I turn them on independently.

Separate issue and ironic timing, the history data stopped populating in the app. I saw a past post that suggested reloading the adapter, so that's on my list to try.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-141245_ScreenLogic.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-141245_ScreenLogic.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.