Pentair Easy Touch Wiring

d_red1

Jul 21, 2016
Keller, TX
Starting wiring up the panel and wanted to make sure I am headed in the right direction.

Filter Pump Relay
Line1 = breaker 1 - 20A
Load1 = chlorinator
Line2 = breaker 2 - 20A
Load2 = main pump

Question1: Am I correct in wiring both sides of the relay with their own power? Or will line 1 power both load 1 and load 2 and I am making a big mistake and accidentally wiring for 240v
Question2. If they should have their own power, for the filter Pump Relay Should Iine1 and line 2 be connected to the same 20A breaker instead of each having their own as I currently have wired?

Aux1
Line 1 = breaker 3 - 20A
Load 1 = feature pump
Line2 / load2 = to remain empty

Aux2
Line1 = breaker 4 20A
Load1 = heater (yet to be wired)
Line2/load2 = to remain empty

Aux3 (yet to be wired)
Line1 = breaker 5 15A
Load1 = transformer 1 (led pool light x2, led spa light x1)
Line2 = breaker 5 15A (same breaker as above)
Load2 = transformer 2 (led lights for bubblers x3)

Aux 4 - 7 (lower row): open for now

Breaker 6 ?A = panel transformer (yet to be wired)
Breaker 7 15A = plug on side of panel (yet to be wired)

Thanks for having a look and let me know if anything else needs to be changed or could use some criticism.

Attachments

• 15926793055537732311270418516143.jpg
    15926793055537732311270418516143.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 26
Wiring looks fine to me.

But you should be using GFCI breakers for some of the circuits. Pump, maybe heater. What equipment is being connected?

You can use each LINE/LOAD on a relay to control a 120v circuit.

D,

If you are wiring the SWCG transformer to use 120 volts, it is not correct. From the SWCG transformer, both the yellow and black wires go to the same 120 volts on the pump filter relay and both the violet and white wires go to the Neutral bus bar.

What kind of main pool pump do you have???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Bellow is a list of the equipment. Everything will be wired for 120v.
controller = Pentair - Easy Touch 8
chlorinator = Pentair IC40
main pump = Pentair - Intelliflo 3hp - VSP
feature pump = Pentair - Superflo 1hp
heater = Pentair - Mastertemp 400k BTU NG
transformer 1 = Pentair - 300W (pool and spa lights)
transformer 2 = Pentair - 100W (bubbler lights)
blower = Silencer Blower 1.5hp

Other than wiring in the yellow and violet wires, am I correct on the line 1 & 2 input? I am thinking those both need to come off the same breaker so if the main pump trips then the chlorinator doesn't remain powered up.

What model IntelliFlo pump? I don't know any of them that run on 120V.

You need GFCI CB for pumps and MasterTemp heater.

Connect the IC40 as @Jimrahbe described.

Last edited:
Good question on the pump. I originally had ordered Pentair model # 011018 but shortly after ordering the store called and said that was last years model and they were going to provide this years model. I was going on the original invoice info. When I get home I will check out the actual pump tag info and post up.

D,

IntelliFlo pumps run off of 240 volts, not 120 volts.. Also, the pump requires a 240 volt GFCI breaker and the power does NOT go through any relays...

I suggest that run 240 from the main pump breaker to the pump/filter relay. L1 to line 1 and L2 to line 2... Then wire your pump to the same Line 1 and Line 2 connections.. This provides constant power to the pump. Then connect the SWCG transformer to the Load side of the pump filter relay.. Yellow wire to Load 1 and White wire to Load 2...

You can wire everything else for 120 volts if you wish.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.