Pentair Easy Touch Valve functions

Fireguy951

Jun 19, 2022
Niagara
Hello All.

I have no idea what happened or why they stopped working initially, however i am slowly making headway. I am using an Easy Touch 8 by Pentair. I have two valves installed. One controls the waterfall and one the laminar fountains. The waterfall works correctly, however having issues with the fountains. The way they plumbed it requires both valves to move when fountains are activated. Valve A is connected to the fountain valve and valve B to the waterfall feature. When "fountains" are toggled via my iPhone, the pump speeds up and the "fountain" valve moves, BUT i also require valve "B", waterfall to move as well for it to function. Does anybody know how i can control both valves to move when "fountains" are toggled?

Thank you in advance

Mike from Ontario

Mike,

Maybe the B valve actuator has failed.

The valve actuator has a little 3-way switch.. On - Off - On.

Make sure the switch is not in the center off position.

If not, then move the switch from one "On" to the other "On" position and see if the valve moves.

It is not uncommon for these actuators to go bad.

Please let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mike,

Maybe the B valve actuator has failed.

The valve actuator has a little 3-way switch.. On - Off - On.

Make sure the switch is not in the center off position.

If not, then move the switch from one "On" to the other "On" position and see if the valve moves.

It is not uncommon for these actuators to go bad.

Please let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim.

So both actuators work fine, ill try to explain a bit better (i hope) lol

So, right now, both waterfall and fountains are OFF, BUT, waterfall (Valve/actuator B) is in the far "ON" position and the fountains (Valve/actuator A) is in the closest "On" position. The water flows to the pool jets as planned. If i toggle "waterfall", Valve B turns 180 degrees and the waterfall works. If i toggle it off the valve returns to normal and the jets return the water. NOW, if i toggle "fountains", valve "A" turns 180 degrees, the pump speeds up, but no water flows from the laminars. The only way to get them to work is to manually turn Valve B to the closest "on" position and it will rotate 180 degrees, thus cutting off the pool jets and allowing the laminars to work. In theory, when i toggle fountains', i need BOTH valve to turn 180 degrees to work. Is there any way to program the "fountain" function to achieve this?

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

You can only assign Valve A to one circuit. (Fountains)
You can only assign Valve B to one circuit. (Waterfall)

If you want both valves to move, you will have to push two buttons. Turning one on and the other off.

Do you shut off both the fountains and the waterfall at the same time? I assume if you do that the return flow goes back to the pool??

There may be a better way, but I am struggling to understand your plumbing layout. Please show us a couple of pics of where the A and B valves are in your system.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mike,

Please tell me if I have this correct.

Return water flows into Valve B. It can either go to the pool returns (jets), or it can go into Valve A. Inside valve A the water can either go to the Waterfall or it can go to the laminars. Is this the way the two valves are plumbed?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mike,

Please tell me if I have this correct.

Return water flows into Valve B. It can either go to the pool returns (jets), or it can go into Valve A. Inside valve A the water can either go to the Waterfall or it can go to the laminars. Is this the way the two valves are plumbed?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Good morning. It appears that is the case, but i will do some more investigating today and get a few pictures. Chat soon, Thanks

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.