Pentair Easy Touch Controller Issue

Wiley Brooks

Apr 14, 2019
Moore, OK
I have a pentair easy touch portable controller I have been using, but I also want to use controller on the Pentair WhisperFlo pump. The problem is the controller display shows "DISPLAY Not Active!", but it it still operating the pool. Now I am no longer able to input the settings or see what the RPM settings are set on. Anyone that can help me I would appreciate it. Hopefully I placed this post in the correct place.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
To my knowledge a Pentair Whisperflo pump is a single speed pump without an onboard controller. Are you sure you do not have an Intelliflo pump?
If you have an Intelliflo pump, and it is tied to your EasyTouch, then you control the pump through the Easytouch. The 'Display not active' will always show when the pump is tied to the Easytouch. If you wish to control the pump via its onboard controller, then you must place the ET into Service mode, which disables all functions on the ET.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Last edited:
Wiley,

I am confused as to what you actual have? :scratch: I suspect an EasyTouch main panel, a Pentair remote, and an IntelliFlo pump...

If you can post a few pics of your system, we can walk you through anything you want or need to do with it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.