Pentair easy touch automatically turns on all circuits

kichi

Sep 2, 2013
Pool Size
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi All,

I just got my pentair easy touch system installed. On a number of days, it has turned on all circuits (Pool pump, spa pump, spa jets, waterfall, pool lights, patio lights) on its own. The only way to turn it off is to change the mode from Auto to Service (cannot turn off on the app, or on the panel). Any ideas on why this could be happening? The only schedules I have running is to have my pool pump run from 11 pm to 7 am, and my patio lights turn on from 5 pm to 7 am. None of the other circuits are on any schedule.

Thanks

K,

I can't think of any way that could happen unless the EasyTouch is bad...

Did you install the ET or was this done by a pool builder? If a pool builder it should be under warranty and they should come back and fix it..

If you do not want to do that, then the next best thing is to erase all the current programs and re-enter them..

Show me screen shots of your system.. I use the PC and they look like this..

View media item 1964

Thanks,

Jim R.

Is it possible you have inadvertently enabled freeze protection for all those circuits and it's gotten cold where you are? You have not supplied your location for us to see.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thanks all. I just got this installed 2 weeks ago, so is in warranty. I am talking to the pool builder too.

I have screen logic. I am not sure how to get to the first screen with all the circuits. I am using the screenlogic connect app. Here is a screenshot of the schedule from my pc app.

I am in the california bay area. I believe I have freeze protection on most circuits except for pool/ spa lights and the patio lights (those turned on too).

1606418993667.png

K.

It is much better for troubleshooting to have ScreenLogic on your PC..

You should have two phone apps.. ScreenLogic and ScreenLogic Config (SLConfg).

Tell us in detail what happens and when and what come on when and what is not on when.

Your history does not show what you are saying is happening... :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure what that is. It does say spa side remote enabled. Same thing?

It is a wired control panel like below usually near your spa.

If water gets into the panel or cable it can act like all the buttons have been pressed. If you have the remote panel then disconnect the cable in the Intelli9center and see if it stops things from turning on. Have your pool builder replace the control panel.

IS10-Spa-Side-Remote.jpg

is4_white.jpg

K.

It is much better for troubleshooting to have ScreenLogic on your PC..

You should have two phone apps.. ScreenLogic and ScreenLogic Config (SLConfg).

Tell us in detail what happens and when and what come on when and what is not on when.

Your history does not show what you are saying is happening... :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Will keep an eye out again to see when it turns on. Here is the screenshot from the PC app.

1606429569738.png

K,

Thanks for the screenshot..

Let's just look at the Patio Lights.. The lights are controlled by the Aux 3 relay.. that relay will only close when the main board tells it to turn on.. This will happen if : 1. The patio lights are scheduled on, 2. If they are manually turned on... 3. if the freeze control is on.. 4. If the main board is bad.

The next time this happens you need to make sure to note exactly what is on.. and what is not..

It appears to me that your freeze control has kicked in.. It may be bad, or just thinks it is colder than it is..) ScreenLogic should tell you freeze control is on.

I say this because when the freeze control kicks in, it will automatically switch from Pool to Spa mode about ever 15 minutes.. Looking at your history, that is what it appears to be doing. Notice that the lights show on for about the same amount of time your pool and spa are switching back a forth..

I think that @Rocket J Squirrel is right on target with this one... :thumleft:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Rocket J Squirrel
K,

Keep in mind that the EasyTouch turns on freeze control at about 40 degrees... I had to set my air temp probe so that it reads about 8 degrees high just to keep the freeze protection from coming on way too early..

Thanks,

Jim R.

This is one reason it helps to know the pool's precise location. I also live in the "California Bay Area" which I assume means SF Bay Area. We have several distinct climates in this region (ocean, North Bay, East Bay, South Bay, and inland) and also micro-climates depending on altitude and proximity to hills.

One thing I would do is check the placement & accuracy of the air temperature probe. It should be in free air, not touching anything and in the shade. It usually just dangles below the ET. Then check its readings with a known accurate thermometer. My probe is accurate, but the ET does allow for calibration if necessary.

My ET manual says freeze engages at 36° F. This is too high, but we like being able to see the actual air temp at a glance on the wall-mounted controller, so haven't changed the calibration.

I am in Fremont. I will also keep the probe at its current calibration, but maybe revisit in a few weeks based on how often the freeze protection triggers.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.