Pentair easy touch 4p shuts off in spa mode

Yeah. The pool build is a complete Crud-show. Everyone I've had out to look at it comments on how they don't even understand how it works.

It was the home builder's first go at being his own pool contractor. Hired a regular plumber to plumb it. When we bought the house, the spa wasn't piped in, the sundeck had the wrong lights so they leaked into conduit. They tried to replace them with the right lights, yanked the head off of the wire, and left the wire in the bubbler assembly because they can't remove it. Side note, my pool and spa lights are both incorrect as well, but seem to work ok. They couldn't figure out where my overflow was. The blower fell off the first time it was used. It's just a disaster through and through.

Since then the builder paid a local company to try figure out a way to make it at least "work".

Anyone have a great pool expert in Southwest Florida I can hire to have a crack at this mess?

Anyone have a great pool expert in Southwest Florida I can hire to have a crack at this mess?
I'm not confident you'll find a pool guy who can (or will) do anything other than replace the board.

You could certainly do that yourself for less money. But also, I'd suggest considering Allen's suggestion. Add a resistor with a $20 soldering kit from Ace or Wally's and smile wide because you saved a bundle and learned a neat skill.

😉

No need to buy a new board.

If you bought a single body panel and want to activate for P&S you will be missing R41. Just add R41 and it will become a Pool & Spa panel.

When you look at a board and it has both resistors R41 and R42 then it is a pool & spa EasyTouch 8.

R41 and R42 are 1k 5% 1/4w resistors.
I am back at my house in Florida now, and I just pulled the board down to see where these locations R41 and R42 are on the board, and I can't find them. Am I blind? Is it on the opposite side of the board where it attaches to the interface?

Ok. Got the board out, took it apart. So, are the R41 and R42 supposed to be soldered together like they are here on the right side

Attachments

• 20230309_090312.jpg
    20230309_090312.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 13
R41 and R42 are 1k 5% 1/4w resistors.

You have neither. They need to be soldered to those points replacing the jumper wire.

I am knocking on wood as I post this, but, problem appears to be solved. For whatever reason the pool and spa now work without interruption after installing the R41 and R42 resistors. I'm frankly shocked. I did not expect this to completely solve the issue.

Thank you to all of you who gave advice. You have no idea of the debt I owe you. .

Reactions: Ahultin
You have no idea of the debt I owe you. .
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

I am knocking on wood as I post this, but, problem appears to be solved. For whatever reason the pool and spa now work without interruption after installing the R41 and R42 resistors. I'm frankly shocked. I did not expect this to completely solve the issue.

Thank you to all of you who gave advice. You have no idea of the debt I owe you. .
It works because now it's actually identifying equipment as a shared system 🙂

I think the shock was on our end that it ever "worked" at all before.

Enjoy that spa!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.