Brado2a

Feb 9, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My tabs are not melting in my chlorinator and builder said it’s because my pump speed is too slow. What speed do I have to run the pump at or can I put the hose on the top of the chlorinator?

My tabs are not melting in my chlorinator and builder said it’s because my pump speed is too slow. What speed do I have to run the pump at or can I put the hose on the top of the chlorinator?
Is the dial open on the hose to allow sufficient flow through it?
You can put the hose to top port of the canister but you still need flow so it is important to verify you have flow first.

That very well could be the problem. What speed is your VS pump at.
Create Your Signature to help us understand what your current setup is - include pump type, filter type, type of chlorinator, etc.

Your profile states you are using Liquid Chlorine so why are you concerned about the puck chlorinator? You could increase your speed to 2200 if you wish to see if that is better. I just use a floater with my pucks if I am out of town for a couple of days. I do not even use my chlorinator any more as I was tired of buying orings for it and constantly playing with the meter controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.