Pentair Bundled Warranty

SonnyDMB

Mar 19, 2021
Chandler, Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Can anyone confirm the pentair warranty when you buy from 3 different product areas? I've gotten quotes from a few dealers and they all say it goes to 3 years if buy from 3 different areas.....but the pentair website is a little more precise and says the following:

"Select Bundled Products: applies to purchases and qualified installation of a minimum of a pump and filter, and one or more of the following: heaters, heat pumps, control systems, automatic cleaners, lighting, salt chlorine generators or UV sterilizer** "

**Note: Bundled products - must be purchased on the same invoice and installed at the same time. If any product within a bundle is ineligible for the bundled warranty coverage then all products within the same bundle will be disqualified from receiving the three (3) year extended warranty coverage for bundled products.

My questions:

Is pentair site accurate and ALL of the dealers giving me quotes are giving inaccurate info?

For those of you that have bought 3 different products, what did you get for proof of 3 year warranty time period? and did you buy 3 products where 1 was not a pump or filter?

I will be getting a filter, automation, and lighting (no pump).....but ALL the dealers still tell me they have verified I will qualify for 3 year period.....even though it doesn't match pentair website. ps, pentair has not responded to my inquiries.

Pentair offers a three (3) year extended warranty on the following products when they are installed by a qualified installer and registered within sixty (60) days from the date of installation:

Energy-saving IntelliFlo and IntelliPro Variable Speed Pumps.

SunTouch Solar and SolarTouch Control Systems.

Bundles of three (3) or more products from three (3) different product groups including inground pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, control systems, automatic cleaners, lighting, and salt chlorine generators.

You really need a written statement from Pentair. Call and email every day until they respond.

I brought up this old thread purposely. It is from 2021 and shows the Pentair bundle warranty was being offered then. The website says the current offer (which seems to be the same) is good until the end of the year.

This would imply it is something they do every year. Is that correct? Any reason to think it won't be available next spring?

This would imply it is something they do every year. Is that correct? Any reason to think it won't be available next spring?
It'd been going on for many years so it will likely continue.

At one point (and maybe still) the equipment had to be on the same receipt and not from different places. E-commerce (EC) models have their own rules and don't qualify for the extended bundle warranty.

Thanks. I have a lot of research to do before picking components and may not be ready to order this year. I would rather wait until the spring even if prices do go up some. The extended warranty for bundled product is appealing since I will be getting enough items to qualify.

Reactions: Newdude
I just thought of something else that isn't clear on their website - is the 3 year warranty for all of the products in the bundle, even those whose standard warranty is 1 year?

may not be ready to order this year
You're better off. I was worried about getting equipment with the shortages at their worst, and got it all first. Then the build got delayed a year and the equipment was out of warranty before it was even turned on.
is the 3 year warranty for all of the products in the bundle, even those whose standard warranty is 1 year?
Yes, if they qualify for the bundle upgrade in the first place. There's a list of what has the option and what doesn't.

I brought up this old thread purposely. It is from 2021 and shows the Pentair bundle warranty was being offered then. The website says the current offer (which seems to be the same) is good until the end of the year.
I am loosing my mind! I know I found this info on the Pentair website in early September but I can't find it now. I wanted to check it because I am not going to do this job until the spring, and while I know it said the offer was good through the end of this year I seem to remember that it didn't start until sometime in the spring. I would hate to buy the equipment a week before the deal goes into affect.

Anybody know where this is on the Pentair website?

1696297927434-png.533773

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had found that. What I can't find is the dates it is valid.

The Pentair 3 year warranty for bundled products has been standard for a few years and is not a limited time offer.

When I found it back in September the 2023 bundled warranty started in March or April and was valid through 12/31/2023. That is why I had asked the question a month ago.

I don't need to contact them now. If it is still there in February it won't matter.

When I found it back in September the 2023 bundled warranty started in March or April and was valid through 12/31/2023. That is why I had asked the question a month ago.
Most likely, you were looking at a rebate deal and not a warranty deal.

The warranty has always been the same and it has never been for a "Limited Time" (As far as I know).

Just to be clear, the extended warranty was 3 years for all TradeGrade items purchased in a bundle as long as you had a pump, filter, and at least one more qualifying item. I probably did find it in the rebate area but it is no longer there, even though it was supposed to run until the end of the year.

When we installed our pool 10 years ago, Pentair did the 3-equipment bundled warranty. It’s not limited time, it’s part of their sales process. It’s how they get you to buy their products and lock into the Pentair family.

Reactions: JamesW
I have found the service company that I am comfortable working with to do my upgrade, but I am still scratching my head on the bundled warranty issue. I am OK with most of the pricing in the proposal but am hung up on the Intellicenter with IC60. He wants to quote the 5PIC40 and then charge me for an IC60, subsequently subtracting $700 as a credit for the swap. That will cost me about $700 more than purchasing the 5PIC60 from Polytec.

Is there any reason the service company can't purchase the item from Polytec and install it, thus satisfying the requirement of all items on one invoice for the extended bundle warranty? As I read the warranty requirements if I buy it from Polytec and have it installed I will only get a 60 day warranty since it is a TradeGrade product. Is that correct?

I'm going through this now. I have all Pentair equipment, installed 9/1/2023. I made a mistake and purchased TradeGrade products online and my pump and Easytouch are both already out of warranty.

• Wow
Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.