Pentair booster/cleaner pump Just started always running with main pool pump

TexP51

Mar 3, 2015
Richmond, Tx
I did a Pentair conversion w/ 522046 back in Oct 22 to upgrade from Easytouch to Intellicenter. All has gone well and pretty happy with system.
Came back from out of town yesterday and noticed pool cleaner running when it shouldn’t. The pool main pump is running fine on its schedule, just not the booster - comes on when the main pump comes on. Working fine until now. Found when I cycle main pool pump the Pentair booster pump cleaner also comes on and off with main pump. I removed power leads for the booster pump from its relay in the Intellicenter So not to overheat the booster pump until I figure this out. Wondering if this sounds like the Intellicenter booster pump relay, or main pump relay is bad? Both relays click when actuated for their intended use. I swapped out the Booster relay with an unused relay in original booster relay location, and had same problem. Any ideas?

Tex,

Well, it is the IntelliCenter, so the first thing that pops into my mind is F/W bug. But I do not have the IntelliCenter so not up to date in what the current bugs are...

If it worked in the past and now does not work, what changed?

Did you program anything, update the F/W or ???

I can't see this being a relay issue.

What is the Circuit Function for the Cleaner Circuit? Generic or Master Cleaner? If Master Cleaner, I'd set it to Generic and see what happens.

When set to Mater Cleaner, when the Cleaner circuit is turned on, it will force the main pool put to run. This may or may not be what you want.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.