Pentair automation

Vince34

Apr 19, 2021
Nebraska
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Good Afternoon,
Can someone please explain the pentair automation to me. I’m a little bit confused. To use my phone to control pool equipment, do I need intellitouch and screen logic both or just the intellitouch?

Thank you in advance!

Intellitouch is a very old system. You would need Screenlogic with it for remote access.

The Intellicenter is the newest Pentair automation and what you should be looking at, if that type of system is applicable to your needs.

Reactions: Vince34
Good Afternoon,
Can someone please explain the pentair automation to me. I’m a little bit confused. To use my phone to control pool equipment, do I need intellitouch and screen logic both or just the intellitouch?

Thank you in advance!
That is older technology and needs both to do automation and connect to your phone.

The newer tech from Pentair is Intellicenter and includes all of the pieces you need, plus has a touch screen, over the air software updates, etc.

Builders can be weird about quoting something new and sometimes add Intellicenter + screen logic and/or just price it super high since they are not familiar with it. Cost of both systems is within a couple hundred $.

Ok thanks for the reply and why I was confused. Looking at all the options, I thought there was a all in one option so to speak. So I need a intellicenter to do both automation and mobile control. Thanks!

Around that. Depends on how many relays, one or two system, SWCG , etc.
Visit Polytec Pools website for some examples.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.