Bronze Supporter
Sep 6, 2018
New Braunfels, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’ve had a Pentair 930 for four years now and it has been great. I’ve replaced the cable and filters once. Today, I plugged my robot into the Controler, pushed the power button to begin cleaning and the controller turned off after blinking.

I know the 930 is on the backside of its life expectancy, so I’m thinking it’s probably replacement time.

I love the 930’s performance. My only hang up is the 930 loves to park on top of the drain covers and spin (I’ve got the cleanest drain covers in the world!).

That said, I was considering a model that could map the pool and learn where there are obstacles. Are there any models that anyone has experience with that I should consider given my drain cover issue??

Thanks in advance!

That said, I was considering a model that could map the pool and learn where there are obstacles. Are there any models that anyone has experience with that I should consider given my drain cover issue??
Tx,

They just do not exist, no matter what they say... :mrgreen:

See this review...

The EVO's dual motor design eliminates any drain cover issues..

That said, just replacing the tracks on my rent-house Dolphins, usually eliminates getting stuck on the main drain, at least until they get worn down.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hey neighbor! :wave: I'm just down the road from you. Did you pull the trigger on a new cleaner yet? Still have questions? Let us know. Enjoy this nice cool weekend. Not sure we'll have too many more. :)
Hey there. Thanks for the reply. I was torn between the Evo and Alpha. I need an ultra fine filter with the amount of dirt and sand that gets blowing into my pool (we live in the hill country and have a constant breeze) and I needed it quickly, so I ended up buying the VRX iQ+ at Leslie’s. It had an ultra fine filter option, a one year extended warranty and an additional $150 in reward dollars. I am very impressed with the performance. My 930 would get clogged in the spring and fall with leaves, and loved to park on my main drains. So far, the VRX has avoided the drains and if it does encounter one it jumps it like Dukes of Hazard. As for leaves and dirt retrieval, it performs fantastic. I am very pleased. I hope I get another five years from this robot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Texas Splash