Pentair 60 lights

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
Water 61 degrees via app
Salt level 2400. I know its low but even when low I get it to light up properly. Taylor test kit.
App says cold water cutoff when the lights are blocking on app.

light re as follow: Salt level section (top 2 lights): good and low alternating blinking. good is green blinking and low is red blinking
lights for flow: solid
sanitizer output lights: all lit up but blinking.

so what does this tell me. i'km pretty confused. lol

Thanks!
jim

so what does this tell me. i'km pretty confused.
Jim,

I'd say that is true..

It makes little sense to try to run the cell without having your salt at least above the very minimum required of 2600.

The sanitizer lights flash any time your setting is below 10% or 20% (I forget which)

Your salt light always flash like a railroad crossing as the system is trying to figure out why some guy is running the cell without salt.. :poke: This is very normal at start up each day and then every 12 hours thereafter.. as the cell is testing for salinity..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ok so when salt is low I thought the low salt level goes solid red?

I’m always confused u know that. I’ll get salt tomorrow. I knew I was low but wanted to just make sure it booted up to tell me it’s low. I usually get that solid red low light like I said.

Jim,

It could also be that the cell is bad and for some reason can't test for salt like it should..

But... that would not be my first guess.

I like your idea of getting your salt level up to normal and then trying it again.

How old it the cell? Most cells last 5 to 7 years.

Thanks,

Jim R.

This is the 5th season with it. I take it out each winter when pool is closed also to not let it sit buried in snow during the winter. I was going to get salt yesterday but got to the pool store too late to grab it. Today after I go fishing I’ll run out.

Jim,

There is a saying "You need to make the cell happy".. It means that no matter what the actual salt level, the only thing that matters to the cell is what it 'thinks' the salt level is. Within reason, you need to have the cell always report a level above 2800 so that the cell will work. I like to run my 'reported' salt level at 3000 to 3200 ppm.

In theory the actual and the reported salt level would be identical. But that rarely happens. Being only 200 ppm off is exceptional and the tolerance is 500 or 600 ppm.

The colder the pool water, then less accurate the cell's reported salt level will be.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim.
I use that saying all the time! I learned it from you I’m pretty sure. I know the cell won’t be happy at that 2800 cause it’s the cut off that’s why I’m waiting till this rain goes by us in case I gotcto take water out of the pool. Then I’ll add more salt. I also look for the cell to be 3000-3200. I was suprised when it was a 200 ppm difference cause like u said it’s usually about 400 for me.

Thanks for the help. I’m just glad I’m getting another year out of the cell. I hope I get a few more actually. Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jim,

I'd say I use my SWCG about 8 or 9 months out of the year, depending on the weather. Once the water temp gets below about 55 degrees the cell will shut off, as I'm sure you know.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.