Pentair 125 leaking from manifold

Jim'spool

May 23, 2020
NE Ohio
6 yr old master temp 125 heater. In Ohio so have to deal with winters. I think I have 2 leaks coming from the manifold. There is one that starts at the top seam, runs through that groove by the bolt in the pic and down the side to the bottom (the drip on the right of the underneath pics). The other is coming from the bottom seem (drip on the left). I have a video but it won't upload. The leaks do not appear to be coming from btwn the manifold and the coil. They look to be coming from btwn the two pieces of the manifold. Do I need to investigate further to see if there is coil damage? If its just a leak from the seam can I seal it? What would I use for that? is a whole new manifold kit needed? Also, can I run the heater while its leaking or bypass it for now? Thank you very much for the input.

Attachments

• IMG_3344.JPG
    IMG_3344.JPG
    510.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3337.JPG
    IMG_3337.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3345.JPG
    IMG_3345.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to TFP.

When water is leaking out from the manifold it is usually due to a leaking heat exchanger.

You need to open things up and see what is going on.

There are YouTube videos showing MasterTemp disassembly and heat exchanger replacement.

If you pull the manifold and the copper tubes aren't extended thru the mounting plate by at leas .5" the heat exchanger is gone and needs to be replaced. It they are and aren't eaten away, try to get some new sealing rings that go around each tube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.