Pebble tec coloring?

Ty for information. This is still left. Hopefully it's enough
af9f725ffc423a67900ffdc03b132b3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like less than half a bag, so maybe about 15-20lbs?? You can just go to Costco or Sam's Club and buy A&H baking soda in 13lbs bags so no need to wait for the pool guy to bring you more.

If they already added 30 lbs of bicarb and your TA is still -60, then your ph was crazy low.

30 lbs of bicarb would raise the TA by about 110 ppm. If you’re at -60 now, then the TA must have been about -170 ppm.

If the TA started at 100 ppm, it would take about 10 gallons of acid to lower the TA to -170

Make sure to brush well to ensure good mixing of the bicarb.

By the time you get to 80 TA, your ph will be about 6.3 right away. It should be 7.2 by the next day.

As bicarb is added, it creates carbon dioxide, which raises the ph. Once the carbon dioxide reaches equilibrium, the carbon dioxide has to offgas so that more carbon dioxide can be made and further raise the ph.

You're getting close to zero. You're at about -20.

So, you need to come up by about 100 ppm. That will take about 28 lbs of bicarb.

I would add 20 lbs of bicarb. Brush well and retest in an hour.

You should be at about 60 ppm after an hour. You should be able to do the normal TA test at that point.

Ok, your TA is about 10. Try about 15 lb of bicarb.

Have you been filtering?

What filter do you have?

With the ph so low, you need to make sure that the water is not going through anything that could be adversely affected by the acidic water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, your TA is about 10. Try about 15 lb of bicarb.

Have you been filtering?

What filter do you have?

With the ph so low, you need to make sure that the water is not going through anything that could be adversely affected by the acidic water.

Yeah. Not running spa so just filters on edge and main going. Actually edge I think is off. The wind is my edge today. And generator is not on yet.

b33e99d2e4f65e2e946a52e58f0d961d.jpg

This is my setup

Paranoid to do anythjng else now that the water is cloudy which I think was from brushing. The ph and ta are still yellow on strips etc.. On Taylor.

BTW - I like your monkeys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plaster dust or scaling of calcium in the water.

You have to understand that the pool guy just chemically etched the entire plaster surface in your pool using incredibly low pH water. The calcium carbonate layer, along with the calcium silicate in the plaster, was essentially dissolved into the water. There's probably also some calcium hydroxide being emitted into the water from the fresh plaster that was exposed by the etch. As you increase the alkalinity of the water, the calcium in solution is going to want to react with it and form calcium carbonate. As the calcium in the water reacts with carbonate, it will come out of solution as fine particulates. Don't be surprised if your filters start loading up (filter pressure increase) as they filter out these fine particulates.

You might want to do a full battery of tests on the water to see how high your calcium levels are. Knowing that, along with temperature, pH and TA will let you calculate the calcite saturation index (CSI) which will tell you how prone the water will be to scaling.

As Matt had said, you've dissolved several pounds of your plaster surface which is now in solution and will need to be filtered out. Be very mindful not to allow or intentionally let the pH and TA rise excessively high since you have plenty of free floating calcium carbonate and calcium silicate that can form scale. Calcium carbonate is difficult enough to get rid of but calcium silicate scale will require some sort of mechanical intervention to remove.

So when your filter pressure rises 25% above clean pressure, you will want to clean. This may be after just a few days with the particulate visible.

So when your filter pressure rises 25% above clean pressure, you will want to clean. This may be after just a few days with the particulate visible.

I'm
supposed to have a "pool school" this week with the builder, and i guess then i take over.I emailed both him and the service guy last night, as i was approaching 20% which is what the builder recommended before to clean the filter at. 25 for the edge. It went from 16-18 to near 20 before bed last night.

I'll test it, as soon as sun starts to come up if i can, and i'll check psi.

Thanks, for the other replies.I'll keep on top of it! So far still everything considered "low"

Ph test
f11acddf874ad8410c954fedb18b688e.jpg

I suck at matching colors. Would you say.. 7 to 7.2?

Ta was 3 drops so 30 ta

500ch

0 cya dot didn't disappear

Any other tests I should do? I am gonna either clean the filter today since it's up to 22 now. Or the service guy from builder will

I was gonna try to get the numbers for csi. But not sure how to get borate

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.