No Cal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
We had our pool plastered today and there are several areas in the pool that have large wet spots that are increasing in size rather than drying up. Is this normal, My husband insists that the pebble sheen needs to come up and that the pool needs to be replastered. Im besides myself. Help!

Take pics of the weeping, fill the pool with water, then do a bucket test for leaks.

I think all will be fine.

I suspect your water table is high from the recent storm you had. Once the water table drops and you have water in the pool you should be fine.

Cali,

Re-plastering won't help a thing.. The problem is ground water, not the gunite nor the plaster.

Like Allen, I suspect you will be just fine once they fill the pool with water.

My weeping was so bad they could not ever plaster.. We had to divert the ground water first.

Thanks,

Jim R.

To add on to what everyone else has said: The concrete is not the waterproof barrier, the plaster is. Right now the plaster hasn't cured and the pool is empty, so the groundwater pressure is enough to seep into the plaster. Once the plaster has cured and there is water in the pool to counterbalance the groundwater pressure, everything will likely be fine.

I didn't have many weeping problems, but my pool was about half-full of groundwater when they wanted to plaster. They had to install a full-size pump to pull the groundwater out and away from the pool so that they could have a dry workspace.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.