No Cal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I am building a pool and they are plastering it tomorrow with Pebble Sheen, I cannot get an answer from the applicator company or my builder what the plaster will cost? Does anyone know a figure per sq ft?

Hey Cali and Welcome !!! What does the contract say ? Did you decide to upgrade afterwards ?

I asked for multiple prices based on color, levels, options etc...I can PM you my prices paid and quoted. I can understand plaster company not telling you their prices because they know the builder is charging his/her rate built in.

Off subject, I am very interested in how your stone (?) shelf will look under water. Very unique.

. I can understand plaster company not telling you their prices because they know the builder is charging his/her rate built in.
Exactly. So the problem lies with communication between the PB and installers. Weird that he claims to not know what it’s going to cost him, and ultimately you. It should be locked in the contract price and/or change orders on said contract.

Reactions: KCNM
My builder charges $15 sf for Pebblesheen standard colors and $20 sf for premium colors. Adding Shimmering Sea is an additional $1 SF and Luminous Blends are $3.50 SF additional. All of these are their installed prices.

Apparently the trick is to ask for the list of equipment that needs electrical hook-ups because then the PB will send you their spreadsheet that they use to generate their contract. Just so happens this file includes their cost on each line item plus the markup they are passing along to me...:mrgreen:
Still can't believe they actually did that.

Apparently the trick is to ask for the list of equipment that needs electrical hook-ups because then the PB will send you their spreadsheet that they use to generate their contract. Just so happens this file includes their cost on each line item plus the markup they are passing along to me...:mrgreen:
:ROFLMAO: use the list to negotiate prices with them. “I know that gunite only cost you 2000$, i will give you 2250”😈

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's so interesting! What was the markup? What are their big "money makers?"

Reactions: renesme
They are only making about 5k off of me, which seems fair (maybe a bit low even?) so I didn't try to haggle. The overhead was spread evenly so no money-makers. Oddly enough, equipment is the most expensive portion!

To answer OP's question though, my PB charges $5.40 / sqft for level 1 Pebble Sheen. But location, location, location. May or may not be representative in NorCal.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.