Pea Green Soup pool. Recovering from a crazy, "helpful" friend.

Kaseyg

Jun 18, 2019
Long Island, NY
Good Morning, I am looking for advice on how to proceed from where I am at:
I have a 16X32 Kidney shaped pool that according to online calculators holds 23,000 gallons of water.
We opened the pool last week and my husband bought "Green to Clean" and Leslie's pool supplies Powder plus and there was no improvement in the pool.
Last night a friend of my husbands said he was going to "Slam" the pool. I realize now after registering here and reading the basic info that he did not follow the directions at all. Instead, he put in 6 bags of HTH Super Shock into the pool.

Now, while the pool went from dark green to a soupy green pea color, it is still not clear. I know it takes time but I wanted to know how to proceed since the levels of Chlorine are still reading high.

I don't have the testing kit that is recommending but from the Leslie Pool Strip Tests this is where I am at
Fcl ppm:4
Tcl 5
ph7 .2
alk 80
TH 250
CYA 30

Any advice on how to proceed I would appreciate. I already told my husband that his friend is no longer invited to be a chemist when it comes to our pool.I also have at home a HTH Green to Blue SHock System that I am thinking about returning to purchase more liquid chlorine.

Attachments

• IMG_3592.jpeg
    IMG_3592.jpeg
    475.4 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to the forum!
As you have read, you need a proper test kit - see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF100XL from TFTestkits.net
While you wait on the test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine to your pool each evening with the pump running.
When you get your kit, post up the results and we can provide guidance from there.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Welcome to the forum!
As you have read, you need a proper test kit - see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF100XL from TFTestkits.net
While you wait on the test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine to your pool each evening with the pump running.
When you get your kit, post up the results and we can provide guidance from there.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

I am going to order the kit tonight. Should I keep the filter running continuously until the kit comes in? Thank you for your quick response.

No reason to run the pump all the time until you can start your SLAM. Just run it enough to add the liquid chlorine each evening and distribute it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.