Paver Sealant chemicals in my pool HELP!

May 19, 2018
weston, FL
TFP folks
i am furious right now! Had my pavers cleaned and sealed this week. When I get back the chemicals he use had gotten in the pool. The water looks dark green and black. What are my options here? Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• EABAD3B3-9317-4459-AE89-8D4E23A200A3.jpg
    EABAD3B3-9317-4459-AE89-8D4E23A200A3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 66
  • 88FCCE8F-C882-4A4B-A658-5FCDD92E8397.jpg
    88FCCE8F-C882-4A4B-A658-5FCDD92E8397.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 64
Understanding exactly what was used would be first. Second would be to see if some if it is solids by circulating with a skimmer sock if possible. Third would be to use your test kit to get a complete set of test results and SLAM Process if any of it was organic, such as surfactants, etc.

What makes you so certain it is the sealer?

I would tend to agree that it’s the dirt and debris from the power wash.

Follow Dave’s advise and you should be good.

Ok, I will bite. How do you know?

Because I power washed my deck a couple years back with a large rotating attachment. Pool looked like yours a day before my season opening pool party. I learned a lot about water chemistry that day. Im not saying that your pool has no sealer in it, because it might. Sealer isnt cheap, so the likelyhood that the sealer guy is just carelessly dumping it in the pool and not the deck would surprise me. But, i would not be surprised if all the dirty pressure washed water made it in. Then if the pool was already on the low side of chlorination would turn green with all the dirt added. Good luck

Because I power washed my deck a couple years back with a large rotating attachment. Pool looked like yours a day before my season opening pool party. I learned a lot about water chemistry that day. Im not saying that your pool has no sealer in it, because it might. Sealer isnt cheap, so the likelyhood that the sealer guy is just carelessly dumping it in the pool and not the deck would surprise me. But, i would not be surprised if all the dirty pressure washed water made it in. Then if the pool was already on the low side of chlorination would turn green with all the dirt added. Good luck

@killer95stang as soon as you said "large rotating attachement" I remembered my wife saying the paver guy was unloading one from his truck.

Thanks to you and @domct203 and @duraleigh for the pointers. I believing more and more it's the dirt and grime from the pavers. The SLAM process has been started.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.