Patch vinyl liner

youngguon

Sep 12, 2019
OH
Need suggestion to patch a rip on vinyl liner. It's about 3 in on the wall above the first step. It's concrete inside. It's awkward as I cannot press the patch against the wall as it'll rip more. Good thing is I can lower water level to keep it dry. Any suggestion about how to fix it with what product or tool would be appreciated.

Attachments

Pool_Medic

In The Industry
Apr 1, 2018
Bangor Maine
That looks very brittle? If so it’s past it’s last legs.

If not brittle, you can patch it but it will require several overlapping patches. Just be patient.

youngguon

Sep 12, 2019
OH
That looks very brittle? If so it’s past it’s last legs.

If not brittle, you can patch it but it will require several overlapping patches. Just be patient.
Brittle but not sure if it's very. I'm selling the house so will give patching a try definitely. Any patch you recommend?

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
That's a huge rip for a patch! Please let us know if it works. It may be tough to get it to hold water.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Brittle but not sure if it's very. I'm selling the house so will give patching a try definitely. Any patch you recommend?
That liner is done. It's time to replace it.

Are you going to tell the buyer or let them figure it out on their own?

youngguon

Sep 12, 2019
OH
Ok, in any case, it's done. All it will take to pop the liner is a poke anywhere and the liner will split open and the pool will drain.
I brushed, vacuumed, raked the pool on daily basis in the last 2 months. Only poked a hole basically above the water level and it didn't split in the 3 days before I taped it...

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
It's like when your tires are completely bald and someone says that they're fine because they drive on them all the time.

It's just a matter of time before there's a catastrophic failure.