Parts List for 2011 Sundance Optima 880 Spa

Thank you. Today I disconnected the heater and connected Pump 1. (I still have not connected Pump 2 or the Blower). Notably, the breaker immediately tripped (5 straight times). On the 6th try the breaker held. I have the jets running (I think they are controlled by that pump) and I will see how long the breaker holds. Thanks for all of your help.

Thank you. Today I disconnected the heater and connected Pump 1. (I still have not connected Pump 2 or the Blower). Notably, the breaker immediately tripped (5 straight times). On the 6th try the breaker held. I have the jets running (I think they are controlled by that pump) and I will see how long the breaker holds. Thanks for all of your help.
I am still "testing" the spa by running the circulating Pump and Pump 1 together (without the heater connected). Pump 1 is a jet pump that turns off automatically after 15 minutes or so. Do you know of a way to keep that jet pump running? I want to run it for a long time to see if the breaker trips. Otherwise I have to keep turning it on. Thanks (I have looked in the operating manual and dont see anything).

Good morning,

This is where I am. I have finished "testing" by disconnecting everything from the control board (except the circulation pump) and separately and independently running the heater, pump 1, pump 2, the blower and the ozonater. I ran each independently for several days. The fuse did not trip (see below for one exception) for any of the five (heater, pump 1, pump 2, the blower and the ozonater). I have everything except for the heater connected now. I have tried starting the pumps and blower dozens of times and still no trip). I will hook up the heater next to see what happens.

The one exception on the fuse tripping is when I manually turn the breaker on. It almost always trips at least once. If I manually flip it a few times, it "holds".

If I hook up the heater and it does not trip, great (maybe there was a loose wire in the control board that I tightened in the disconnecting and reconnecting process, although I dont think so).

If I hook up the heater and it does trip, is my next step to try a new breaker? Thanks very much.

Hello RDspaguy,

I wanted to let you know how my problem ended. You were very helpful to me. I did not replace the breaker. And guess what? The hot tub no longer trips the breaker. My only possible conclusion is that when I disconnected and reconnected everything, something wire that was loose got tightened. I didnt think any of the wires were loose, but that is the best I can come up with. Thanks so much for your help and your time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.