Particles and scum on surface of the water

We bought our current house 3 years ago. Started using the TFP method in year 2 after dealing with yellow algae in year 1 and getting no constructive help from the pool store. Our CYA levels, once we finally knew to check them, were off the charts.

Things went well last year (even though the CYA is still too high) but one problem I've continually had issues with is white particles and scum on the surface of the water, and I can't seem to get rid of it. We're dealing with the same issue this year after opening the pool a few weeks ago. In direct sunlight they're not noticeable, but impossible to miss in any other light.

Any ideas as to what this might be and how to get rid of it? I'm worried my jets and skimmer aren't very powerful, but I feel this issue might have more to do with my levels. Apologies if there is an obvious answer. I've added a picture which shows the gunk.

FC: 6
CC: 0
PH: 8
TA: 140
CH: 450
CYA: 70

Attachments

• IMG_3611.jpg
    IMG_3611.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.