Partial new build gone wrong

mommark

Silver Supporter
May 29, 2014
Midland, MI
I am beyond upset about how our pool build is going!! Our new pool was installed on Wednesday and filled with water, as of now we still have no return or skimmer attached as the pool installer guy has yet to return to do it. After multiple calls made by my husband, the installer keeps saying that he will come out, but he is a no show.
Last night my husband decided to test out the new automatic pool cleaner and needed to use a flashlight, well what does he see..... Wrinkles everywhere on the pool floor!!!! We are not talking about a few, they are everywhere. Forgot to mention, we had the armor shield floor cover put down after the sand base.
What should we do?? We had a beaded liner installed with wall foam and coving at the bottom. Can all of that be salvaged if we insist that he drain the pool and start over!

I am sorry to hear that things have not gone well. Your cove and wall foam should have glue or such to keep it in place so it should still be fine.

When he started to add water was he there to keep an eye on the floor and make sure it was staying where is should be? Did he have a shop vac to help the sides get snug against the side?

My installer filled up trash bags with water and placed them all along the bottom right by the side. This was to insure the bottom did not form wrinkles. He as also floating in the water smoothing out any tiny wrinkles that tried to form.

It can be fixed. I am hoping you have not paid him he last payment yet.

Let us know how it goes.

Kim:kim:

We have paid him for materials, as he is also building our new deck.
He did use a shop vac before and while the pool was being filled, and was here while the pool was being filled. But I never saw him or his workers in the pool while filling it
Of course, we have been having massive amounts of rain the last two days and most likely will need to siphon water from the pool as it is nearing the top rail.

Mommark, I'm so sorry to hear about that. We're currently working on the same size pool, an intex. Now what are y'all talking about with the shop vac? I haven't heard anything about that & I think we'll use the trash bag idea. That's really smart. I am so grateful for this site!

Mommark, I'm so sorry to hear about that. We're currently working on the same size pool, an intex. Now what are y'all talking about with the shop vac? I haven't heard anything about that & I think we'll use the trash bag idea. That's really smart. I am so grateful for this site!

The shop vac is used during an install of a traditional above ground pool to suck out air between the vinyl liner and metal or resin pool wall.
Since an Intex pool has no walk around it, no vacuum step would be needed during an install.

I am not sure how much my husband has paid, but at this point I am getting upset and frustrated about the whole situation. My husband and kids are going to get into the pool after he is done siphoning out the excess rain water to see if they can feel all of the wrinkles on the pool floor. If so, I don't know what options we have or what should be done??

I feel your frustration. Honestly, I would want to drain it & start over & maybe try to get them to reimburse you for the cost of water. The wrinkles won't work themselves out & it is diminishing the life of your pool. It may be a few years, but under that much pressure, I would think a wrinkle would eventually tear. Having someone else put it up was the only thing I didn't want someone else doing. Simply bc they aren't going to care about it as much as we are. I do hope you guys get this all settled in your favor.

Well found out that we paid a whopping $9,500. Way too much money for wrinkles. I want to call him today, but since it's Father's Day, not sure if that's a good idea.
Husband walked everywhere in the pool and there are wrinkles all over, some bunched up more so than others.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.