Paramount Ozonator

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX

Since it was not doing anything when the blue light was working, it will do the same nothing with the blue light off... :)

Not many of us here at TFP are Ozone or UV fans..

Thanks,

Jim R.

rajung

Mar 17, 2015
Cedar Falls, Iowa
I was a Noobie 6 years ago when we had our pool installed, took me 3 years to realize I spent beaucaup bucks on junk that the pool store said I needed. should throw away, not even garage sale worthy. Removed 2 years ago and no difference.

Reactions: jmikeb

Fishy1234

Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2018
Apple Valley, CA
Thank you everyone, for the advice. So now I need to consider if repairing the unit is worthwhile. Lets say, that I just leave it alone. The unit is hardwired into the controller, air bubbles are still coming out of the returns. Will this be a problem?

chiefwej

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 12, 2011
Tucson
Not really, it wasn’t doing anything for you before. The bubbles are just air instead of ozone, and the only result of a bit of aeration is slightly raising pH.

drewgost

Sep 7, 2016
MA
Yes I have one that blew up as well, I am contemplating on repairing it or not. I have been here for 3 years now and the people here are really good when it comes to getting the pool looking great.
I turned my valve all the way down and that stopped my problem which was water coming out of it :oops: so I believe that will stop the flow of bubbles.
I most likely will remove it, only issue I will be with is how to plug the hole in the return pipe without a lot of work.

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Honestly, that’s an easy repair. Just cut the whole section out, and replace with 2 fittings and a straight pipe. You already have a union at the bottom of the filter, so assembly will be a breeze.