Palm Springs Pool Chiller Install Cost

KeoniL

Feb 10, 2019
La Quinta, ca
Was quoted $1750 to install a pool chiller in Palm Springs, CA. He also is going to set my Pentair phone app to run the chiller on a schedule. I realize that’s not a big deal, but some installers don’t even mess with the automation part of it. It’s 108 degrees, so I’m willing to pay more for them to work in the heat. Is $1750 a fair ballpark for a chiller install? Thanks for your help 🤙🏾

If you install that chiller, be sure you are using softened water for fill water. It is an evaporative chiller. So your pool water evaporation will go up quite a bit.

Reactions: KeoniL
The $1,750 was just for installation?

That include all plumbing and electrical?

How difficult is the electrical hookup?

What warranty you get?

You supplying the chiller?

The $1,750 was just for installation?

That include all plumbing and electrical?

How difficult is the electrical hookup?

What warranty you get?

You supplying the chiller?
I ended up supplying the chiller and paid a different installer I found in town $500 for his labor and $270 for the valves and pipes he bought at the store before he came over for reimbursement. Turned it on tonight for the first time. I didn’t automate it because I would need to buy 2 actuators and combine my pool and spa lights to free up a spot for the chiller. Installer also said these are tough to automate, due to the chiller water flow valve having to be adjusted so often to match the pump speed? I’ve been trying to keep it from overflowing the basin for the last few hours. Tough to get the valves set correctly.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.