ja123

May 21, 2018
NJ
Has anyone ever painted their pool coping? Mine is looking a little on the dingy side as its old concrete. I plan on painting the deck and scrubbing and power washing the coping part but a, wondering if it will look better if I either paint the coping a different color or the same color as the pool deck? I am going with a light grey color. Any feedback and photos is appreciated!

Any painted concrete will look great in the beginning BUT then it will look worse than before as it chips, cracks, flakes, etc. It is VERY hard to remove the paint when this starts to happen. Me? I would give it a good dose of bleach, use a very hard brush to scrub it in then pressure wash it off and call it good.

Kim:kim:

NO PAINT!! Will be a nightmare to fix when it starts looking bad (which it will) and you want to sell the house or fix the pool up.
I'd consider having a professional cement artistry company come in and stain the decking. I've seen amazing pics of that done.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.