Margaret5018

Feb 25, 2022
San Gabriel, ca
Our city is requiring us to add a P-trap to pass final. Anyone have a photo of the P-trap they had installed to their existing clean out so we make sure we get it right to pass inspection? Here's a picture of the cleanout we want to add the P-trap too. Luckily, the city isn't requiring a hard plumb, only requiring a P-trap. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1645819858667_Screenshot_20220225-120805_Photos.jpg
    1645819858667_Screenshot_20220225-120805_Photos.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 25
Typically the PTrap would be installed below grade and Tee'd into the cleanout, so all you will have above grade is the pipe coming out of the ground not much unlike your current clean-out. I can post a photo of mine, but not sure it's relevant as the inspector never looked at it.

Does San Gabriel have their own building department, or do they contract out to LA County? LA County only requires the PTrap be available that you can run a hose to it, but I think some cities may require the drain line from the equipment pad be hard plumbed to dump into the PTrap (with an air gap).

My city said just a p-trap that I can run a hose to, and hard plumb not required (thankfully!) I will ask the city if it needs to be below grade, I didn't think about that, thanks for mentioning it. I'd appreciate a photo of yours if you have it, thank you!

In case anyone never saw one because so many parts of the country don't have basements, here is mine. 20220227_092940.jpg

Here's what ours looks like, which really isn't much to see. Below ground the trap looks much like what you would have under your bathroom sink, just a lot bigger. The main drain clean-out about 2' off to the left in this picture. The run from the trap is just tee'd the vertical pipe coming up from the clean-out fitting.

Attachments

• PTrap.JPG
    PTrap.JPG
    485.6 KB · Views: 16
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.