Oxidation on pump

chili

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 22, 2008
Hi Everyone,
I am having issues with my pool pump. This is my 4th pump in 14 years,It does not seem right that a pump should only last 3-4 years especially when it is only installed for 5 months a year. It starts to get a white powdery substance on the case which i assume is some kind of oxidation. Then it starts tripping the GFI then I replace the pump and start all over again. A local pool builder suggested it was either water dripping on it constantly which it did at one time but not any more(although it does get wet from my lawn sprinklers for about 20 minutes each day or that it was not bonded correctly. The ground wire runs to all the bonded metal parts on the pool (stairs & ladder, the pump, the heater the swg and finally to a ground rod. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this. The pump in the photo is only on its 2nd season. It hasn't started tripping the GFI yet but I know its coming...

TIA

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_2395.jpg
    IMG_2395.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.