Owner Builder SWG warranty installer issue

Sambo888

Bronze Supporter
Jul 5, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Hi all.

I tried searching for answers to my question but was not successful related to SWG's & warranty. Hoping someone else has been down this path and can help.

I have a IC40 SWG system from Pentair. As I was the owner builder for my pool I didn't use the big guys to run my project. I ran it myself. I have all receipts for equipment purchased. Recently my SWG shows "0" for salt level. I've read this issue is known to Pentair SWG's and is an easy fix to replace the flow switch. While this is absolutely an option for me, my system is 11 months old so I thought I could call and get warranty support. I reached out to Pentair and they confirmed the flow switch issue. BUT, they did tell me that in addition to the purchase confirmation they need confirmation that the SWG was "Installed" by a professional to make sure it was done correctly. I did all the work for the start up my self including installing the cell and programing it using TFP's great resources.

I'm frustrated that I can't use the warranty without this "install" verification. Has anyone else faced this? If so, how did you handle it? It seems ridiculous that this would not be covered under the warranty since i do have one.

I'm sure this forum (as always) will have someone with some knowledge of this. Any help would be fantastic.

Pentair warranty policy is ...

Is your IC40 generating chlorine?

Screenlogic showing 0 for salt level is a bug in the software interface. Replacing the flow switch will probably not fix it. If the IC40 is producing chlorine then check your salt level with a K-1766 Taylor Salt Test if it shows low salt.

Read ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.