Owner/builder SoCal

aefb909bdab74ef74dc225c63f5486bc.jpg

I took a picture last night before it got too dark. The decking has begun! I'm excited to finally start wrapping things up

Man that's beautiful....the decking, not Mike ?

I wish I could do something like that but I doubt it would last a single season in the brutal desert heat...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
df872784406fc31d2580a2d66f12024a.jpg
The fence is completely laid out and ready to be put in after Brian's done. We got a lot more decking in and my parents stopped by. My dad decided he would come out of retirement just to brown coat the back wall of the pool - under the countertop of the bar. It's so much nicer and smoother now.
2f6f48303fcb4c1815ad02fbc5f785d8.jpg

I can see where Joannie gets her choice in proper construction site footwear from...like father / like daughter ?

It's really nice to see that your pool is bringing family together even before it's full of water. Nice job [emoji106]

I was going to ask how you did it so clean. My understanding is that the epoxy grouts are a royal PITA to work with because they are two components, you have to mix them up quick and work then in fast or else they dry too quickly. I was wondering how you were able to do it all by yourself like that. Normally it's a two-"man" job....

catching up on the diy masterpiece!

Epoxy on a floor surface isn't bad at all I did my shower floor last year with it. Now I only did a 8x8 area. 2x1 inch tiles. It floated nice stuck in the joints easy and it washed really easy. On vertical walls. A bit harder wants to slouch very easy.

I will say also after after a year plus in my shower floor it holds up like a champ. We tile dry our walls and floor after each shower. I cleaned it forcthe first time this week with liquid poultice. Looks brand new again.

I dread if if I ever have to remove it cause it's hard as concrete. No matter how much you scrub it you take nothing off it's too layer like grout.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like the bar area. What is the final vision for it? I think I missed it. Looks really really good all around! And I second the flip flops for approved work shoes. I laid some conduit for bulk head for steps and piers last night. Was way too hot for boots. I only cracked my foot once in the rebar bent all Over the place. Worth staying cool. Lol

catching up on the diy masterpiece!

Epoxy on a floor surface isn't bad at all I did my shower floor last year with it. Now I only did a 8x8 area. 2x1 inch tiles. It floated nice stuck in the joints easy and it washed really easy. On vertical walls. A bit harder wants to slouch very easy.

I will say also after after a year plus in my shower floor it holds up like a champ. We tile dry our walls and floor after each shower. I cleaned it forcthe first time this week with liquid poultice. Looks brand new again.

I dread if if I ever have to remove it cause it's hard as concrete. No matter how much you scrub it you take nothing off it's too layer like grout.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like the bar area. What is the final vision for it? I think I missed it. Looks really really good all around! And I second the flip flops for approved work shoes. I laid some conduit for bulk head for steps and piers last night. Was way too hot for boots. I only cracked my foot once in the rebar bent all Over the place. Worth staying cool. Lol

Thank you!

The dry side will have a poured in place countertop on the left with a sink and bbq. The wall under it will have stacked ledgerstone. The right side counter will get tiled with hexagon mother of pearl glass tile and the wall underneath will get color coated

So I have to ask, when all is said and done, what's your plan for "wall bling"?? I know you've got some thoughts brewing in your head.....that's a lot of empty to block wall to fill....school of fish? Bale of sea turtles?

(Yes, I just learned a group of sea turtles swimming in the ocean is called a "bale"...)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.