Owner/builder SoCal

What would be a good brand of synthetic turf?

It's regional and really depends on the local installers in your area. Typical costs can range from $6-$10 per sq ft (or higher for higher end materials). DuPont makes an excellent material called ForeverLawn. SYNLawn is also another distributor that's been around for a long time and they have an extensive product line. But, like most things outdoors, installation is key and you need to have an installer that knows what their doing. Grading the area properly for drainage and using DG to top off and compact the soil is important. Barrier materials may be necessary to avoid weed growth. After the area is prepped, cutting and nailing down the turf so that seams don't show takes a lot of skill. Then there's applying infill material to the turf to give it a realistic look....a quality installer will know all of these steps and guarantee a professional look; some doofus with a truck and a pair of scissors can buy low quality turf from HomeDepot and do a cheap install, but it will show.

Only way to know for sure is to call around for quotes and references.

7d8c34467a43904edb59834306f1a8fe.jpg

Mike finished the fence post footings and I finished the grout. He's over by the equipment pad. Tomorrow he'll start the composite deck and we should be ready for plaster on Thursday

So it appears shoes & shirts are optional in your home??? Just sayin' based on your recent footage....

Nice work, when it comes time to repoint my flagstone coping, I know who I'm hiring.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mike and I are here laughing at how stupid the concrete we poured today looks in the picture. People are probably wondering where we are going with this. I promise we have a plan and you won't even see the concrete.

I do have to say I sat here for a little while then to work on a couple of other others threads before I came back to look again. Trying to figure it out. BUT you do not ask questions or give opinions to an "artist" until they are done! I am sure you DO have an end game planned and it will be awesome! No idea what it is but should be good LOL

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.