Owner/builder SoCal

07968470f6c694b4f82543b52c91e40f.jpg
46bb5c8018b3d28475c0b3c15a94e31d.jpg

Some friends came over to help us pour the slab in the sunken bar. We added some Davis color packs to make the concrete dark gray like the coping.

Dude, what's with that equipment pad? It looks like an 18" deep pad...that's the mother-of-all concrete blocks! I pity the fool that tries to jackhammer or saw cut his way through that...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's lame how large of a footing is required for a 6' tall block wall. It's an "L" type footing that is 1' deep by 3' wide with #4 rebar [emoji1304]

Ooooooooooooohhh, ok, that makes sense. I did not realize it was a footing for a wall. I really was like "WTH!! Those Cali's love them some concrete!!" For a footing, I can understand it. Just think of it this way - when a Mack truck goes wildly out of control and crashes through your backyard, that footing is going to be totes ok!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.