Owner/builder SoCal

So tile on top of poured bar counter or are you guys going with a polish/stain/seal surface?

There's lots of cool things you can do with polished concrete ... just curious ...

(Sadly, we all know the bottom will just be the reservoir for ABC gum... :( )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So tile on top of poured bar counter or are you guys going with a polish/stain/seal surface?

There's lots of cool things you can do with polished concrete ... just curious ...

(Sadly, we all know the bottom will just be the reservoir for ABC gum... :( )

The countertop will be the mother of Pearl tile you like

Did u need to bond the rebar?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The rebar is tied to the pool wall rebar every 6 inches. I hit the exposed pieces with A wire wheel on the grinder to get them nice and clean for contact. I also have one of my copper wire leads for the bonding grid ttied to the bar top. it's going to go down the outside wall to the concrete slab on the dry side of the bar. Hopefully I can hide that wire in the stucco on the dry side of that freestanding wall.

The bar top is poured.
7b503c124bcaa6594996840a9096f215.jpg

1b78938b0fb1ec16fccbc438e5beef6d.jpg

Our dog wanted to sign it...

05c620efe86eda35ebfaad22d716a24b.jpg

Dude...you forgot the cut out for the Igloo Margarita Machine!?!?!?

That's it, rip it out and redo it!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you everyone for all your positive comments! You've all helped us so much with this!!

Oh no, thank you for sharing your adventure with us!! I for one have learned so much. For instance, I would have never believe one could make a decent margarita with a garbage disposal...and yet, there it is!!

Really, you two need your own television show...

Haaaha...hmmmm...not really. The countertop is ready for tile but we have been working on finishing up the future gas/water/electrical conduits so that we can close in the trenches. Mike worked for almost a week straight so the last two days were his first real days back home and he spent it digging the trench for a French drain under the composite deck we're putting in. I spent some time planning out and roughing in some of the irrigation for the planters and Mike spent time complaining that my pipes were in his way. I'm at work today or I'd post pics of all the holes in our yard. Not very exciting. Your pool is looking beautiful. I like that everything is just coming together for you. Summer is closing in and you'll be ready. I'll probably still have a shovel in my hand

I complain about my time so much but then I have a good reality check every time I read what you guys are doing, it's truly inspiring.
Thanks for the compliment on the pool, we should be ready to go within 2 weeks and just in time for our summer. Nice part is we haven't hit 100 degrees yet in Vegas so we are going to finish right on time :)

84c7a0565d95a1f470f8a55f93fbc53c.jpg
5820643fb4f887e1b9d661246d29579d.jpg

Yesterday we worked on the rebar for the slab floor in the dry side of the swim up bar. What do we call this thing? A pit? A subterranean bar? I'm not sure...any suggestions? Everything sounds kinda awkward when I say it out loud. When we pour the concrete we are going to throw some Davis colors in there to make it dark gray like the coping. We forgot to pick up some dobies at the store-no surprise I'm sure we'll think of other stuff to buy when we go back to get them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.