Owner/builder SoCal

Question - what the plan to hide the equipment pad? Mini pool house?

I'm going to have to draw something up but for now we have something planned that will be fully enclosed, a door on the left side (facing it), sound blankets on the walls inside with lighting, half of the roof will hinge up over the filter but the enclosure won't really look like it has a roof - more like a privacy wall with a narrow raised planter in front of it and maybe some seating to the side...here's some inspiration pics
4634698e40fa1ba4d5e61b53e7c2e169.jpg
a1d266c3ace431b3250570f864266eb0.jpg
f3d6ed3f5c24266a4479960ef4801f77.jpg

Very neat....work space and elbow room is key for the equipment pad. Large filters typically have top covers that weigh a lot. If you don't have a good place to make a nice wide stance for your feet, working on the equipment is a PITA. Heaters too need lots of margin around them to make them easy to work on. I'm sure you've got it all covered but, take it from someone who has a lousy equipment pad, don't skimp on the space and, if you think you've got it all laid out nice, add an extra 3" or so just to be sure....

Love the coping, looks fabulous!

Very neat....work space and elbow room is key for the equipment pad. Large filters typically have top covers that weigh a lot. If you don't have a good place to make a nice wide stance for your feet, working on the equipment is a PITA. Heaters too need lots of margin around them to make them easy to work on. I'm sure you've got it all covered but, take it from someone who has a lousy equipment pad, don't skimp on the space and, if you think you've got it all laid out nice, add an extra 3" or so just to be sure....

Love the coping, looks fabulous!

It's a little tight because it's right against the walkway to the spa...but it was the only spot we could put it because of setbacks...I think we'll have to really put some thought into it when it's time to make the best use out of the space we have. The most important thing for me so far has been reading up on sound absorption. The curved wall makes that area sound like an amphitheater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What, no shirtless sweaty fireman standing next to them?!?! You're disappointing the crowd....and tell your husband that I stand with him against all this senseless exploitation of his manliness...he's not just a pretty face, ya know! ?

Nice job!! What do you plan to do for the seats? Are you just going to tile the pillars or add something on top?

What, no shirtless sweaty fireman standing next to them?!?! You're disappointing the crowd....and tell your husband that I stand with him against all this senseless exploitation of his manliness...he's not just a pretty face, ya know! ?

Nice job!! What do you plan to do for the seats? Are you just going to tile the pillars or add something on top?

If he wants pics with his shirt on he needs to wear a shirt. You don't see any pics of me with my shirt off. [emoji23]

We have some leftover quartz from our kitchen countertop - the color is frosty carrina. We are going to have it cut into 14" rounds to set on the 12" stools.

We have some leftover quartz from our kitchen countertop - the color is frosty carrina. We are going to have it cut into 14" rounds to set on the 12" stools.

Nice!!

I was holding out hope for the Mother-of-Pearl tile but I guess I'll have to wait for my pool remodel before that dream becomes a reality [emoji857]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.