Owner/builder SoCal

Also...Mike carried each and every one of these himself from the driveway to their spots. I was watching the kids and reading the "map" the coping guy sent us from his measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like a good ole married couple - man forges ahead and keeps "driving" while the wife takes the time to actually read the map :laughblue:

Your pool is looking more awesome everyday...

Thanks guys! I have a hard time when it's just me posting like some virtual journal...makes me feel like a "me monster"
c9def0106fa61ad599decdd3b56ae837.jpg

Thanks guys! I have a hard time when it's just me posting like some virtual journal...makes me feel like a "me monster"

Please keep up the posts...It's not very often someone puts the "builder" in the owner-builder title. I hate having to hire someone to do anything, because it's never done the way I would do it. So it's great to watch someone do it their way. No "me monster" has ever come through your posts..:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You hit the nail right on the head

I'm amazed at everything you are doing on your pool!! It's looking great, so hang in there.

I'm going to read your waterproofing routine again. I'm going to have a raised planter area just off the pool & I also have a neighbor who is watering his garden so much it's leaving calcium deposits, or whatever, on my side of the block wall :(

I'm just waiting for permits, so watching your build is inspiring!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please keep posting. I have stalked your build for quite some time and look forward to seeing your progress. I'm amazed at how much of your build is true owner build. You are going to have an amazing pool!

Thanks! You're definitely motivating me to get out there and do some more work! As long as Mike doesn't get forced into overtime tomorrow we have everything we need to start laying coping. Tomorrow night I should have some coping process pics

I'm amazed at everything you are doing on your pool!! It's looking great, so hang in there.

I'm going to read your waterproofing routine again. I'm going to have a raised planter area just off the pool & I also have a neighbor who is watering his garden so much it's leaving calcium deposits, or whatever, on my side of the block wall :(

I'm just waiting for permits, so watching your build is inspiring!

I'm looking forward to yours too, I like the tiles you're looking at. We bought ours through a wholesaler. He charged us $9/s.f. for the tile. It's NPT arctic ice 1x2. His cost was $8. He was extremely honest and helpful when we were there so I actually felt bad that he sold it to us at such a discount. But we also showed up with our twin two year olds and they both took dumps simultaneously in their diapers so maybe he thought we were the ones who needed a break? Lmao.

I'm looking forward to yours too, I like the tiles you're looking at. We bought ours through a wholesaler. He charged us $9/s.f. for the tile. It's NPT arctic ice 1x2. His cost was $8. He was extremely honest and helpful when we were there so I actually felt bad that he sold it to us at such a discount. But we also showed up with our twin two year olds and they both took dumps simultaneously in their diapers so maybe he thought we were the ones who needed a break? Lmao.

That is a great deal on your arctic ice tile - I'm sure the kids helped!! They always do things at the most inconvenient/embarrassing times.

I didn't look to see where you're from, but I grew up in Orange & Anaheim. I never miss the traffic!

That is a great deal on your arctic ice tile - I'm sure the kids helped!! They always do things at the most inconvenient/embarrassing times.

I didn't look to see where you're from, but I grew up in Orange & Anaheim. I never miss the traffic!

We live in LA County near Magic Mountain in Santa Clarita. I think we'll leave California when we retire but that's about 20 years or so away [emoji13]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.