Owner/builder SoCal

Please bottle it up and send some here....Tucson can always use the extra water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it all BUT with it all together???? WOWER!

I wonder how much the black background influences the white glitter tiles? Think about that when picking the mortar under it. Now if it is not see through at all it will not matter.

Do you think the smooth will be a problem being slippery?

Kim:kim:

I wonder how much the black background influences the white glitter tiles? Think about that when picking the mortar under it. Now if it is not see through at all it will not matter.

[emoji5][emoji5][emoji5] I'm just loving it.

The white tile appears frosted but it's glued to the black background with hot glue (slightly opaque). The real tile should arrive by Thursday - I'll know then how see through it is.

Mike mentioned the slipperiness too but it's no where near as bad a travertine and has a little traction. It won't feel as rough as the sand finish on little bellies either. I would say that is the only con so far to me

I also like how the gray looks behind the tile-really opened a can of worms as to what color thinset to choose. Mike wants white...

Any new updates...... I hope your build is still going well

We just picked up all of our equipment and have been waiting for our coping to come in. We cleaned up all of the gunite mess from around the pool and started filling in our trenches. It's slowed down a little since we are waiting for the coping to get here to start going again. :)
211bfade7d7090332f4a4933c94e639d.jpg

Here's a pic from today with all of our equipment loaded up. We bought it from poolsupplyunlimited.com they gave us a great deal - even better than their online prices.

Love your thread and I'm glad to see things are still moving along even though you leave your friends at TFP in the dark [emoji12] lol
Don't forget to post lots of pics for your adoring fans, we love to see your progress

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here's the list of equipment:
Hayward EcoStar Variable Speed SVRS Pump (SP3400VSPVR)
Hayward TriStar High Performance Energy Efficient Waterfall Pump 120 GPM - bubblers and water feature. (SP36120EE)
Hayward D.E. ProGrid Pool Filter DE6020 + Backwash Valve Kit
Hayward Universal H-Series Low NOx Induced Draft Pool & Spa Heater 400,000 BTU
Hayward OmniLogic Main Panel 4 Relay + HLWLAN (wireless bridge)
T-Cell-15 Hayward Goldline AquaRite 40,000 Gallons
HLCHEM Sense and Dispense

Lighting:
Spa - 2 - Hayward Colorlogic 160 1.5" Networked LED lights

Pool
1 - Hayward Colorlogic 160 1.5" Networked LED light on baja step pointing to shallow end
2 - Hayward Colorlogic 360 1.5" Networked LED lights on either sides of the deep end one on the seating outside of spa and one near steps
3 - Hayward Colorlogic 360 1.5" Networked LED lights one in each bubbler on baja shelf
3 - Hayward Colorlogic 80 0.5" switched LED lights one between each bar stool

Coping is supposed to get delivered any minute. This past week, Mike and I dug the trenches for gas and electrical and waterproofed the retaining wall. We still need to waterproof the bond beam and put the first coat of thinset before the mortar bed and coping can go on

haha you even got your little on one of them! SO cute! Is she a little monkey? Looks like climbing down those steps will be no problem for her!

Are you hands, arms, shoulders, WHOLE body hating you right now??????? That is a lot of work! Good job!

haha you even got your little on one of them! SO cute! Is she a little monkey? Looks like climbing down those steps will be no problem for her!

Are you hands, arms, shoulders, WHOLE body hating you right now??????? That is a lot of work! Good job!

I took a lot of breaks and I wore gloves so just my shoulders are a little sore. Mike is probably worse than me since he told me he was too manly for gloves.

She is a monkey! She has no fear. Before the pool is done we are getting her and her twin brother into swimming lessons. We will also have a fence and possibly a net but I wouldn't trust her with a bowl of water

Your nearing the finish line and I'm so excited for you. I do have a question and it may seem dumb but I'm a rookie so go easy on me . Why do you waterproof the wall in the back if the pool doesn't go up to it?
the reason this caught my attention is because my neighbor has a pool and when he waters his plants the water comes right through to my side. Should I ask him to waterproof his wall and will that water that comes through effect my decking in the future
hope this makes sense

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.