owner build - suspended pool infinity edge

Thanks for the awesome pics and update! That is really something else!

If you have read many build threads you should know we want to know about ALL of the build. Not just the pool. It is all fun to watch. There have even been some pets that graced the build threads! The goats were my favs so far!

Those split bolts are so neat. I have never seen anything like that. So much new stuff to learn about!

Kim

My pool builder built a similar setup for a very expensive pool here. The foundation for the pool was $350k alone. The pool was much bigger with a lazy river, sunken bar, etc... I really am excited to see your pool come together.

Wow! well as they say, everything's bigger in Texas! ;-) That must have been some setup with the foundation being so costly.

Thank goodness this little 'foot bath' I'm building here isn't more complicated than it already is.

My pool builder built a similar setup for a very expensive pool here. The foundation for the pool was $350k alone. The pool was much bigger with a lazy river, sunken bar, etc... I really am excited to see your pool come together.

Didn't get too much done this evening after work since it was rainy.I did get to dry fit and offer up the light niche. First time I'm using the thin profile Hayward UCL Series niche.

What I am stumped with is the supplied 1" to 3/4" bushing (SP0600CM) is not accepting my 3/4" pvc conduit snugly. I could swear the last time I did this (was the normal Duraniche) the bushing supplied (SP0600P) worked like a charm...same pvc conduit supplier. Anyone encountered this before??

Mpt-nmSFAwvOcfOlG8ZukcCyfcLs8pmW8EfaeLC-vOv6JBaylncgOgVZ9ndoLfLc3hIJLIIz6pg0bHL5Hd40o_aUw_v4gkYyw4x2c5178Opo8xQ2QdiKYVP44XGS3y4rGUgDWjOjZDVJ0L1b7IRpSj35OTT6iXhgDQGYPEL1OQftzVALQd_U5CwlP8yKx4e0_gjNW2MoYCZC7fKPDQHL6Ei_ZTZdSAF_kZudwjTBXQ1B4rOPhyf-O-RSy6NoxDRWHX4Mr2i92sNAofrYv8DX_p2SlYy9HQnKLOA6pb4Mvk_recoHKZjw7wFNZ5ZrcTOfw03J064q6a_SpRKUUQIXGgRYYFdPSK6tQwJRiSElea6nQ8W16k5wMKZvsi34Yxqugo1e0KkDTDvyuV9vP-oxYzw-ZZE_LjZyplQmqKrjq0UrYgxOxNNuCSVd_lJCQl6Gnh1lH_jBEHtunnvFVyXD9VZ_7ArgcfRLcr6DnZvPg3tjdvI0nzyQT4DQ3lo4YeB-0wSd2H5fp-MEOMTWScGz14YbYYT8FpXIg5JtQT5hD7i8=w376-h667-no

Thanks for the suggestion bdavis466. Come to realize the 1" conduit also didn't fit!

Then it hit me...must be a local standards thing vs US. Found out that the * water pvc * pipe, not conduit, fit. Of course I can't run water pvc to a junction box. So applied some heat and got the two to play together.... (yeah it's probably some code violation but the show must go on right?)

could have used DR for more space to pass the wire, but I prefer the sch 40

20151204_131130.jpg

20151204_131304.jpg

20151204_141606.jpg

Here they are doing the form work to create the (tiny) baja shelf... (and no, we've never heard of safety harnesses down here). Seen on edge of pool...Started removing some of the formwork...castings look good.

20151204_162629.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The formwork is done so the steel goes on tomorrow. Then it's an 11 truck pour.

Ain't your typical infinity edge off an azure Santorini sea...what with all those tree tops and roofs, but I'll take whatever I get. ;-)

20151204_174546.jpg

Yeah, I'd say this pool isn't all that typical period. Raised pools happen all the time, in hotels, etc., but in a residential setting...[emoji15][emoji119]

Interestingly, those high rise apartments that keep appearing in the background, utilised stainless steel prefab drop in pools on the rooftop for the penthouses from the same company that did that long infinity edge pool in Singapore. One of four units could have been yours for just 4M USD.

Anyhow, I guess had I used a similar approach, this thread would have been a lot shorter, although I'd had to have found a way to eat, sleep and cook inside that pool and call it home. :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.