Overflow through Skimmer Cover Hole

I can't seem to visualize any way to capture water escaping from the lid (hole), but perhaps a pic or two of your set-up might help. I suspect some sort of water-capturing method down below may be an option to help channel pool water in a way that works best for you and your landscaping. But a photo or two may help.

C,

I doubt that the amount of chlorine will have much effect on your landscape..

But assuming it does, then your only option would be to run the overflow to a better area, or maybe dig a sump pit, with gravel in the bottom, so that the water is released deeper into the ground.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I put down patio blocks in the area around my skimmer. It gave me a nice place to stand when I needed to work on the pool and it deflected the overflow from the skimmer in hard rains.

Not understanding something here. If the skimmer cover overflowed then the whole pool level has to be there and overflowing at the same time.
The skimmer lid is lower than the top of an above ground pool, not level with the deck like an in-ground pool. It would have to be a phenomenal amount of rain to flow over the top of an AGP!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.