Overflow drain leaking under deck...

wwtennant

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
Bellaire/TX
Hello Everyone,

I discovered an issue recently and would like advice on whether to bother fixing it. Assuming I do need to get it repaired, is this something that I can do myself (and how?) or what type of contractor do I call to repair this type of thing??

The issue is that my pool has an overflow drain that runs out into my street. However, before the water can even get into the pipe that runs out into the street, the water is leaking through the grout around grate that has the drain pipe in it. Then, the water is soaking in under my deck and sometimes reaching over to the edge of my garage and the foundation there. You can see the water stain on the wooden divider by the garage wall that shows this occurring. I have further confirmed that I can see water flowing outside of the pipe under the deck during heavy rains by pulling the cover over where that drain pipe is.

The attached photos will make this all clearer. I assume that I should fix this. Do I need to worry about any erosion under the deck already and do anything about that?? Per the above, is this something that I can do myself (and how?) or what type of contractor do I call to repair this type of thing?? Any and all advice is appreciated.

thank you,

Warren

Attachments

• Overflow Drain 1.jpg
    Overflow Drain 1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Overflow Drain w spot (2).jpg
    Overflow Drain w spot (2).jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Overflow Drain Zoom.jpg
    Overflow Drain Zoom.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 13
Hey Warren! :wave: Well, unfortunately it appears you have a bit of a situation. :( Water seeping under decking and/or around the house is never good. Whether or not previous moisture was significant enough to cause problems would only be confirmed by getting in there. Is it a DIY job? Well, you need some masonry and basic plumbing experience for sure, not to mention a good saw to access the decking. Once the area is exposed, it will reveal if additional work is required below. Tough scenario I'm afraid. Let's see what others have to say though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.