Over my head in Wisconsin

Momma and Baby are yard pets. They do not get to come inside - very messy!
They stick around the house even when we are gone and no need to fence them in. I like to think of them as Guard Goats.
Much easier to take care of than a dog except they cant be house trained.

There are also two older boys (bucks now) that stay in a fenced area. Also kids of Momma. The video is of one of them when they were born in sub-freezing temps and we had to bring them in the basement to survive.

The Rafters are up. More work to do on the frame - then the panels go on.

6jkD4rCMZUCqgiZcfn_kmwN129cliu8wcrkqWIx1q_pL3vJnY0Gcm833MEEdmVaUxyD1vTWPYwJehWMVNccyhp2T3RLLQSRQ9Vgch8QkAKXJop-x7KbXYghujYZrUbc10b_sCtnxOXxSCz5Nd0QnyzsS8HUeoFDaJ3RcUPALA0s9mSBNcRS50aA2iXdsnmD4VkvbQZ2r91NTFBWaaBnEwflF78oAigdUhkEK1gRe0mKYqcGqT8PqRqtA2MqKrR8hF6tiRhFvTU31wia5ejSCoolr8jKCjke0Zq9tfv1u4hETMHiKgeisyHwX4SgwylG9K44Ipa9zVKGHfD_x0G7Qi4ZyYnQfUiBBkrAECm21h3NXh8QKrvtcMDkQufmVPJmbB8T9DoYOyY-if97ELKZDIlIfaCUOgkWQlSr7LZOwFSeyxQTQ2ivTEmEgrNYw_OHDpd_SYDuNIgl91r6dCjEZi1cfCKkv_6d_9BG7aG1yShBwRSGq4mu3gTUpbYuHaFFrt__pBgxyYqykPSxJx3P4JIVZie8Q1JOykjkZg3SuXnhb=w1680-h945-no

vjTqyW70fyxu8VMbRpndhNiUsjgg0HTyCqB8ZKEFXRsF4-Nj9iffVYkq6u8L-cesA0cPRAaVl_fF7Q6fLgK4R7wFdBq1lBmch-BC66oaWVYtSvkDLXHSMw5_PPkWmBzlebtlST33s5aENM8vriOcFDDKYUst6Rigq9vwV0IP3Ql9MDlFAWx-qeWpe4Zrsl1V1Py6H7iTQ5ySoXdjT55qSdBV7sVJ3wYSsJKBXR4BepHXNu7SIcj2WTqsHNu4hCNguzL03jpBEi61SDM5n--BTSWL77ey0lS1rVS_YD3i7JmKGwAYFANtZc90MtmLhsrEpF59dfDoFqaqUHWFjOOOAPmW6Bq-uFyKDJqjcyGc5rWJrPOPHByGY8rvXKHQt2iq8se-wSX1CwdvQ2tAPwx44lQpmjiHZLJOYOwJpZkps15YzwKWuEzSIP5tYZnCcac7Uf-pBNTcor7gsxo2yPh013b__JOIRz6GaUzVSGol3bQDiV8oNexgVLDQlxYwLt4TPEsJFQTqaK9-lmEKyNBFSXiEl26H0cJ9HA4MAFwy3j4o=w1680-h945-no

Looking good! Was it difficult to keep the rafters from tipping before installing the horizontal bracing/spacing poles?

Looks like those fall leaves are starting to turn and you'll probably be trying to keep them out of the pool soon! ;)

Plumbing connected - getting ready to back-fill with sand and then dirt/stone. Compacting this week and preparing for the big pour.
It's a good thing they used solid core instead of foam core but every fitting I see is a drain fitting. They are all schedule 40, the difference is that drain fittings are not made to be part of a pressurized pipe system. I just read this thread and it looks like all your drain fittings passed inspection somehow because everything got buried. That should not have passed inspection! They might not leak right away if they used the right glue, but it's going to be an issue down the road.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking good! Was it difficult to keep the rafters from tipping before installing the horizontal bracing/spacing poles?

Looks like those fall leaves are starting to turn and you'll probably be trying to keep them out of the pool soon! ;)

Having the poles set in concrete was the real challenge as they had to be in the exact right spot, plumb, AND the predrilled holes had to line up perfectly with the holes in the rafters. Once they were on the poles the purlins were not too bad.

My goal is to get it somewhat enclosed before the leaves fall - coming fast!

The goats are very curious and friendly but can be a nuisance - especially when there is something to eat.

They will not hesitate to leap onto tables or your lap for a bite of whatever you might have - even if it isnt edible but they think it might be.

Overall they just hang out and bounce around. They get along with other animals well but will defend themselves as needed. Dogs and cats have both been sent flying if they get too aggressive but most of the time they get into the play.

Really??????? You already have cute goats. NOW I see neat rocks for them to play on AND one of the neatest cats I think I have ever seen! Spill the beans on the cat.........kind, where you got it, what is her/his name, details please!

Kim

We have two cats - brothers. They are called Bengals and they are very entertaining - almost as much as the goats.
They are indoor/outdoor cats so they play with the goats a lot. Fearless as far as cats go. Not a year old yet.

The kids named them Flame and Centaur. I'm not a fan of the names.

I expected fewer rodents around the house but so far they've introduced live (and dead) chipmunks into our living space. It's become a daily event dealing with chipmunks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.