Outdoor speakers and equipment I need

Here's what I did, i have a 340 sq ft patio cover I started with 2 pairs of the kicker kb6000 speakers run from a best buy 2 channel av receiver that had bluetooth. Able to stream using my iphone. I mounted one pair against the wall of the house and the other pair under the eves facing the pool. I had plenty of sound under the cover but sitting out by the pool the music was coming from behind me and while the speakers were great low end was missing. So i was able to pick up a Sony Home audio receiver that had 5.1. I ran a rca out from the BB reciever and plugged it into the sony receiver then ran another set of KB6000 on the fence aimed back towards the house, added a pair of OSD rock speakers, and added a old home sub. Note I tried one of those burial subs the greens boy what a dud, for all the effort no power at all. Overall much better sound. I only used direct burial wire CL2 12/14 gauge for all my wire runs. total spent was 700 bucks.

ok you are kinda all over the place so let's start with here.

3 zones. There are receivers out there that do 3 independent zones. They r rare but they r out there. Most do two. I say a receiver cause u are talked not about movies.

Lets say u find a receiver for 3 zones. Meaning same music playing from all 3 zones or even different. But you would not loose sound quality cause each speaker is on its own amp.

movies. If u wire this way u only have 2 channel for movies. Did u want surround? I assume no. It's outdoors. And ur speaker layout isn't for surround.

that would be cheapest route. 6 speakers. 3 pair. A receiver with 3 zones. Zone 1 would be for video and u can send audio to other 2 zones while watches no movie on zone 1.

if u got a nice budget. U want 6 speakers and no loss of sound quality. Get a sonance array or triad array. Meaning 6 ish speakers on stakes around the area or mounted with a buried sub. Has its own amp that handles this type of speaker array. It gets fed into a cheap hdmi receiver. Meaning u aren't using the amps in the receiver. U are using the receiver for video and to push the audio out to the sonance amp or crown amp if u went triad. 1 zone. All 6 speakers play with equal quality with a sub also and that's it.

arrays for outdoors are awesome. The hook up is easy. They r in series but they r built to be like that into an amp made for the,. You don't loose sound quality like regular speakers in a series. Don't do a series setup. They r just not good.

hit me back with questions. Arrays are expensive. But oh they sound so nice! Especially triads new one. American made and built in Oregon. Great company. Hood it up to a cheaper denon receiver and u are good to go for movies and audio. Triad will use a crown amp made for their setup.

their sub can be buried or sit out. I would bury.
jim

The sonance are very nice. I really like the idea of how these are set up. I think this is the path I will go. $2500.00 is tough to swallow, but I can find no bad reviews. They last outside for many years, and blend in so nicely!!

The sonance are very nice. I really like the idea of how these are set up. I think this is the path I will go. $2500.00 is tough to swallow, but I can find no bad reviews. They last outside for many years, and blend in so nicely!!

find a local triad dealer and se about a price on the triad. they come packaged with a custom build crown amp for them to use on their array. i haven't checked on the triad prices yet cause it's new this year for them. but either way an array will be awesome you really will love it.

what is the plan for audio source?

In the midst of this right now... I installed the following:

8x Bose Free Space 51 inground speakers - 4 around the pool, 2 around the deck, 2 around the fireplace.
All are connected to a Pyle PT8000CH 8-channel amp, in mono mode, with 2 speakers per zone.
Using a Sonos Connect as the bus line input to the amp.

I also have a pair of TIC ASP60's above the deck, connected to a separate Sonos Connect:Amp.

All of them sound fantastic. The nice thing about having so many inground speakers is that I can keep the volume low so everyone can hear music without blowing out anyone's eardrums.

I also have the Sunbrite TV over the fireplace fed to the input on the Sonos Connect, so I can broadcast its audio throughout the yard (or wherever else I want!)

Good stuff - really sounds fantastic. Very happy with the Bose Free Space speakers too.

Here's what I did, i have a 340 sq ft patio cover I started with 2 pairs of the kicker kb6000 speakers run from a best buy 2 channel av receiver that had bluetooth. Able to stream using my iphone. I mounted one pair against the wall of the house and the other pair under the eves facing the pool. I had plenty of sound under the cover but sitting out by the pool the music was coming from behind me and while the speakers were great low end was missing. So i was able to pick up a Sony Home audio receiver that had 5.1. I ran a rca out from the BB reciever and plugged it into the sony receiver then ran another set of KB6000 on the fence aimed back towards the house, added a pair of OSD rock speakers, and added a old home sub. Note I tried one of those burial subs the greens boy what a dud, for all the effort no power at all. Overall much better sound. I only used direct burial wire CL2 12/14 gauge for all my wire runs. total spent was 700 bucks.
Menace,
I know this thread is really old but I figure I’d ask. Why would you run a rca cable from the Best Buy receiver to the back of the Sony receiver?
Thanks,
Joe

I am finishing up on a mono price setup and so far very pleased with it. I am using 2 subs and 8 satelites. Might be a overkill but that’s what I always do. I have sonos amp running those and then I have another amp running my Polk atrium under my pergola. You really can’t beat mono price I think it’s awesome quality

I am finishing up on a mono price setup and so far very pleased with it. I am using 2 subs and 8 satelites. Might be a overkill but that’s what I always do. I have sonos amp running those and then I have another amp running my Polk atrium under my pergola. You really can’t beat mono price I think it’s awesome quality
Today’s Mono price speakers remind me of the KLH speakers of the 90’s. I have a setup with some very old KLH bookshelf speakers and a Mono Price sub and it sounds awesome. For the price you can’t do much better than Mono price speakers these days.

Bestbuy has the Sonanace/Sonos Mag 6.1 outdoor speaker system on sale for $1699. Normally it is $2699. It’s essentially a cheaper version of the Sonance Garden system but also comes with the Sonos amp.

More expensive than the mono price but higher quality. Mine arrives Tuesday. Probably won’t get install till mid May.

I just put in a pair of 6.5" speakers from Outdoor Speaker Depot. Great stuff in the same bucket as Monoprice. You can get them even cheaper on eBay for refurbs. Combined that with a Class D Bluetooth amplifier ($60) and it's all we need, and the volume knob is barely above 'off' to reach a comfortable no-annoying-the-neighbors level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just put in a pair of 6.5" speakers from Outdoor Speaker Depot. Great stuff in the same bucket as Monoprice. You can get them even cheaper on eBay for refurbs. Combined that with a Class D Bluetooth amplifier ($60) and it's all we need, and the volume knob is barely above 'off' to reach a comfortable no-annoying-the-neighbors level.
My class D just started acting up a bit so I replaced it with a class T. I think the class T sounds a bit better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.