Outdoor sink and faucet recommendations?

RoyH

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
Mar 2, 2020
Farmersville, TX
I’m building my outdoor kitchen and have spec’d all the cooking components, access panels, but haven’t decided on a sink/faucet.

I don’t need anything too large, but would like an undermount for granite tops and something that will last for a while in the DFW area.

Anything I should stay away from?

Well, I can tell you about 2 things wrong with my outdoor sink. Plumbing, actually.

1. No hot water. I don't know whether it's even possible to run an insulated hot water pipe all the way out there. My water heater is about 75' from the outdoor sink.

2. My sink drains to the street, not the sewer. Sounds like a bad idea, right? It's also illegal here.

Did I mention a previous owner built this setup?

Anything u want actually. I used a delta pull down faucet and a Koehler stainless under mount. Get the deepest u can find. Mine is 11 inches deep. Makes it great for washing outside.

We just about bought the small, cheap outdoor sink and faucet when we built our cabana and kitchen. So glad we didn’t. We bought a very nice deep, thick, stainless sink and pullout faucet. We also put a tankless, infrared instant hot water heater under the sink. It heats water for the kitchen sink, outdoor bathroom sink and outdoor shower. Works very well.

DC4801CB-1216-45AE-B4DB-D2790EE348C5.jpeg5A3952A5-83DA-4406-9A52-8EBED5C822A5.jpegE6AA2443-A97F-4078-86B5-09269AA34AC9.jpeg0959CC2A-7D25-4151-8207-41036B5D41E3.jpeg

I went back and forth so much about hot water. My dads buddy who is my plumber did also. Our final thoughts were this and it’s just my opinion. We only use the outdoor bathroom and kitchen for 5 mths so we nixed it bit made provisions for it in kitchen area. Bathroom we didn’t.

have I missed it. Yes and no. Matters how much prepping I’m doing outside. Right now this is only my first summer with everything up and running being we did the pool house inbetween jobs for over 2 years. But ya deep deep sink and pull down a must. If u are prepping out there.

Looks awesome. I decided to go with a Sil-granite deep sink and a pull down faucet as well. I love your setup!

What kind of hot water heater did you get? I like how small and compact it is. I would only need it for the sink.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.