Our First Pool

And last but not least
PLUMBING.
We spent two full days plumbing pvc not counting the time spent trenching and backfilling. Here are some photos.
BAF5B89D-7F74-40ED-9E3B-3FF0B5D6878B.jpeg
ok I need to figure out how to rotate images as my last four photos are not taken horizontal (landscape mode)

NICE! Now you can really see how it is going to look for real!!! Did they have any concerns or ideas when they shot they shell?

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

OHHHH THE PLASTER!!
The plaster has been one of those decisions that we have trouble settling on.
I do want some style of pebble finish and looks like Stonescapes Midnight Blue is the color I like the most. Wife likes it too, she is just worried that a darker finish will look too grey when she gets close. The videos and photos of midnight blue look good. I also see folks adding glass with their puerto rico blend or with touch of glass. Also some folks adding the shells for the shimmer.
Will try to get some samples (looks like we have an NPT place not too far) no pebble tec places near us to go see what they have as they have similar colors.

43B4A2F4-5A7F-40CB-8D78-C0181B2E0D2B.jpeg
Leaning towards these dark tiles with the blueish reflective glass tiles mixed in. Perhaps the 1x1 for waterline and the rectangular ones for the back of the waterfall wall flanked by travertine brick which we also have installed on the house back wall.

• Love
Reactions: kimmielea
BLING........oh the BLING!!! HAPPY SIGH...........I loves some BLING!

With that tile it is going to be VERY important to really look at the grout. White will not look with this one. I say a gray to the medium side if not darker. They should have grout sticks for you to play with.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
1321ED41-A5C6-4CC2-8F32-87F532B39556.jpeg85117210-37D3-4304-934A-9B329434F23F.jpegB578298B-9363-4E6C-AE44-761DAC9AB4B7.jpeg9EBD604B-93F9-471D-8069-94AC64852ED8.jpeg

following my friend John & Ron’s experience, i wanted to terminate all the low voltage runs in one junction box. I sourced this stainless nema4 box and had knockouts cut into it for all 16 runs. This will then feed into the transformers after.

i have 3 bubblers, 2 laminars, 1 led sheer, 6 pool lights, 2 spa lights, future fire bowl igniter, and landscape lights.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Backfilling and pouring the deck so they can hawl away the extra fill and start to work on the coping. When equipment arrives we can finish the conduit work on the side of the house

Are you using GloBrites, three IntelliBrites (one spa, two pool) would light that thing up like a Xmas tree?

Checkout Voltlighting.com....the landscaping transformers has wire clamps inside, makes connecting the runs so easy. Their lights are solid brass and very reasonably priced.

That plumbing looks great, very neat, and they used 45s.

Last edited:
Heya Roy
We are using microbrites
2 spa 4 pool and 2 on the tanning ledge
Figured smaller with better spread would look good
Also wanted one light to illuminate the shallow area where the floating steps cross and that had to be a small light.
the bubblers use globrites and the laminars and sheer have some other led lighting not sure what it is.

i already plumbed the landscape conduit and was going to use a pentair 300w transformer. Thought maybe to use a few pentair landscape lights to match the color of the pool and then just some smaller ambient yard lights. I will have a look at that system as I need to replace my front yard transformer thats nearly 15yrs old

No problem - check this out:

These wire connection things are also very nice - layout the system, make changes as is required, and flip the lid close.

Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.