Optimum winter cover

ddeters77

May 26, 2021
Illinois
We will be closing our pool soon. After talking to a few people who have a pool similar to us they make special winter covers that goes in the track. Talked to another pool company that sells same pool in another town that said yes you need the special one and usually comes with the pool. My pool company had me purchase a regular before knowing I need a special one. Now plays stupid and said they have never seen one. Sorry for long post.. trying to find out what everyone uses on their optimum pool for winter cover.

Hey DD !! I remember looking them up a while ago for someone and use of anything but their own optimum winter covers voided the ‘lifetime’ (15 year ?) warranty of the liner. They were specifically picky about that. Not saying you can’t. Not saying you shouldn’t. Just saying don’t get caught using a much cheaper alternative. :)

Reactions: ddeters77
Hey DD !! I remember looking them up a while ago for someone and use of anything but their own optimum winter covers voided the ‘lifetime’ (15 year ?) warranty of the liner. They were specifically picky about that. Not saying you can’t. Not saying you shouldn’t. Just saying don’t get caught using a much cheaper alternative. :)
Thank you for replying! The other pool company is getting me a price tomorrow when she contacts her distributor. Tried to find something online but the optimum pool says nothing on winter covers. Also will not spend another dime to the pool company that sold and installed my pool. Got my pool in June and I have had to already patch by the seam from a tear. Also have no clue other than a pool store to get that special cover.

The reason I even found it was that the OP was justifying the higher cost optimum by its far superior warranty. But the fine print made you buy all their overpriced extras. And have them manage your chemistry with weekly water tests to their specs. Once everything added up it cost more than the new liner that they’d replace

But I do firmly believe it’s a quality pool and product. I imagine that even if it’s costly, their winter covers would be of equal quality. Maybe you get 3 seasons instead of 1.5. 🤷‍♂️

Email them directly to find who is a local dealer. You can then get their opinion and go from there.

Also, it’s rather rude to be talking about the Cadillac of above/semi inground pools without any pics. Just sayin. :p

Try plugging in your zip code here

I picked a rando IL zip and got these dealers so they are out there to find B95182B6-F1B6-4427-895B-11145DCE1A08.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.