Opinions on Mounting Intex Pump to Concrete Pad

MikeDub

Feb 22, 2021
Murrieta, CA
Pool Size
My pool is an Intex 12' x 24' rectangular frame above ground pool. It has a Intex SF80110-2. It's a sand filter. The pump and "pre-filter" basket thing is separate from the actual filter itself. Both of these are located on a small 2'x2' concrete pad that was poured just for the pump. This was all done by the previous home owner. Neither the pump nor the filter is bolted down at all. The pump actually leans one with the offset weight (pics attached), it only shakes when it starts then it stays steady, but I am still worried about cracks or leaks. Is it standard to bolt these down with tapcons or something? I'm getting conflicting info. Some people say that they've gone years without bolting theirs down, that it's really only a anti-theft practice. Other say it should definitely be bolted. Others just have issues later on with removing them and them shearing or otherwise. So just wondering if its worth it to bolt this down in order to stabilize the pump, or is theres a better way to do so.

Other info: Location Murrieta, CA (Southern California)

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_171835.jpg
    IMG_20210224_171835.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210224_171830.jpg
    IMG_20210224_171830.jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 10
Some do, some don't.

I would definitely do something to keep the pump vertical. Even if it is putting some blocks under the pump to hold it up.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.